N.Y. State Park Police Officer: "Are You Fishing?, No, Are You Metal Detecting?"

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
N.Y. State Park Police Officer: "Are You Fishing?, No, Are You Metal Detecting?"

Answer to the second question was "Yes" on Saturday and he appreciated the honesty. Was a cool guy. I apologized for not being aware of the regulations there. Turns out he likes to detect as well. Good thing I only have a Bounty Hunter, as I'm sure he already has a nicer detector. :-) -- checked out my Indian Head and wheatie and that was about it. Won't be going back there again...

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: N.Y. State Park Police Officer: "Are You Fishing?, No, Are You Metal Detecting?"

You're lucky he didn't have a step down BH....might have been in back of the trunk :D Nice escape Bergie :thumbsup:

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
Re: N.Y. State Park Police Officer: "Are You Fishing?, No, Are You Metal Detecting?"

sounds like he was a decent guy.

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow. . . that was a close one :o. . . glad everything is OK :thumbsup:

TXDIRTFISHER

Dec 11, 2007
San Antonio, TX
Detector(s) used
F75LTD / Tejon

You should have made a run for it!

The Buzzard King

Mar 29, 2005
N.E.P.A.
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-5, Fisher 1280-X

Should have asked him where HE likes to detect.
And see if he wants a "tectin buddy".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread