vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_link.gif
While you are waiting for a response - I searched Google and got a number of hits that "might" help you find a solution:
Pairing Deus I with WSAII-XL headphones

OP
OP
lrgoodger

lrgoodger

May 2, 2023
Cassopolis, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000-D, Garrett GTA-1000, Minelab Sovereign, XP Deus I, Equinox 800, XP Deus II
XP support emailed me back within minutes and said I bought the wrong headphones. What???? Their best headphones are the wrong ones?

I guess owners of the Deus I are not supposed to have headphones that comfortable. It should be a simple matter of a software update to make them compatible (I say SHOULD BE, it is possible there is a hardware incompatibility).

How hard could it have been to make your best headphones work with both of your wireless machines?

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The deus 1 's are a single frequiency machine. The deus 2's are multi freq machines. They will not pair

Bucket Lister

Dec 20, 2023
Detector(s) used
XP Dēus II
XP MI-6
XP WSA II-XL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
XP support emailed me back within minutes and said I bought the wrong headphones. What???? Their best headphones are the wrong ones?

I guess owners of the Deus I are not supposed to have headphones that comfortable. It should be a simple matter of a software update to make them compatible (I say SHOULD BE, it is possible there is a hardware incompatibility).

How hard could it have been to make your best headphones work with both of your wireless machines?
XP does say:
Manufactured in France for our detectors, it works with the DEUS II remote control or with the WS6 Master, i.e. when the WS6 is used as a control.

I think the clue may be in WSA II (whether XL or not), the II (2) referring to Deus II(?) but that's a SWAG (Sophisticated Wild-Ass Guess).

There is no WSA or WSA I (1) that I can find.

While it seems like the Deus II is/should be an iteration of the Deus, I'm not sure that it is (but IDK that for a fact). In many ways, it seems like a ground-up redesign, especially considering their manifold differences. E.g. consider the remotes:
1703252918571.png

Deus looks more like an iteration or next-gen of ORX than Deus II looks like a refinement of Deus.

Hopefully, someone here might know of 3rd party aftermarket wireless headphones that would work? IDK.

I spoze if I weren't a complete newb, I'd complain that I can't listen to Bluegrass through the headphones while detecting... 🪕:headbang:

But then I did notice that none of the XL headphones are stereo; there are no L/R designations (you can deduce with the WS6).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions