Restored a vintage Japanese Pachinko machine.

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_1525.jpeg

IMG_1528.jpeg

IMG_1529.jpeg

IMG_1527.jpeg

I found this at an antique store. How it got there, I don’t know. However, it was $95. I decided to buy it and see if I could restore it. All the balls were included.

I got it home, and everything seemed to be intact upon inspection, except for a fuse. I was able to replace the fuse, and then I began testing it. It took me two days to do the repairs I needed to do and to figure out how to work it.

This is the result.

I can’t believe it, I restored a Pachinko machine!

OP
OP
J

jnicholes

Mar 11, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_metal_detector.gif
Great job. Just wondering - what repairs did you do?

There were a few minor issues.

First, I installed a wire and attached it to a 9v battery. This is temporary until I get the right battery terminal. I also had to replace a fuse.

Then the jackpot and ball launcher mechanism needed to be fixed. They were jamming. I fixed those.

Electrical contacts for tray empty light needed to be fixed as well. I did that.

I also lubricated the mechanisms the balls go into for the jackpot. They were getting stuck. In fact, you can see where they get stuck in the video at one point. I did fix it.

It was in good condition when I bought it, so not much was needed.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were a few minor issues.

First, I installed a wire and attached it to a 9v battery. This is temporary until I get the right battery terminal. I also had to replace a fuse.

Then the jackpot and ball launcher mechanism needed to be fixed. They were jamming. I fixed those.

Electrical contacts for tray empty light needed to be fixed as well. I did that.

I also lubricated the mechanisms the balls go into for the jackpot. They were getting stuck. In fact, you can see where they get stuck in the video at one point. I did fix it.

It was in good condition when I bought it, so not much was needed.
tn_metal_detector.gif
Dang - that was really a handful when you think about it. Great job and thanks for the quick reply.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2120548

View attachment 2120550

View attachment 2120551

View attachment 2120549

I found this at an antique store. How it got there, I don’t know. However, it was $95. I decided to buy it and see if I could restore it. All the balls were included.

I got it home, and everything seemed to be intact upon inspection, except for a fuse. I was able to replace the fuse, and then I began testing it. It took me two days to do the repairs I needed to do and to figure out how to work it.

This is the result.

I can’t believe it, I restored a Pachinko machine!

That's a cool restoration, I have never seen or heard of this game/machine before.

Did see this link though for parts and restorations.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I spent a lot of time growing up on a rural island in the bahamas....we had to provide almost everything for ourselves....water, electric, food, and entertainment!! We played cards, board games, a d we had a pachinko machine there at the house in the bahamas....I spent hours playing with it, and I just remember how cathartic it was playing with it.....the soothing and rhythmic noise of the metal balls dropping through the machine.....I wish I had taken it home when we sold the house over there !! Lots of good memories of my cousins and I playing that machine !!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I played them a lot when I was Okinawa in the 60s..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread