Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll seem to forget, she only comes on tv, to spout her new book(s), ie, like Ann Colter! ::)

Pat, it would be easier to find a celebrity with a book than without one. Even the BO has a book, or 2. The media never cared to review them, or was complicit in covering them up.
And every time he comes on TV he is selling his future books.. Wonder if Clinton did that?

Last edited:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you know, that in politics if you don't become filthy bleeping rich, YOU DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT! :laughing7:
Yes, I do believe the Clintocks have a few royalty checks, too.
They ALL write books, because once they made it to the top, they think everyone cares about what they say.

Publishers have done as good a job as the advertisers. They woo your mind for the money in your wallet!
Most will fall for it. Meanwhile, cha ching, another million dollar deposit. :laughing7:

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Who is an Educated Person?

We are now ready to answer the question "Who is an educated person?"

An educated person is one who has undergone a process of learning that results in enhanced mental capability to function effectively in familiar and novel situations in personal and intellectual life. In order to function effectively in such situations, one needs to acquire:
a.
general information (knowledge),

b.
general thinking abilities involved in knowledge building and knowledge critiquing,

c.
general language abilities needed for clear, precise, and effective communication for epistemic purposes,

d.
the capability for independent learning with respect to (a)-(c), including the capability to engage in rational modes of inquiry, and, above all,

e.
the mind set that facilitates (a)-(d).

These are the ingredients of "educatedness". If we accept this characterization, it follows that educational programs should be so designed as to maximize the probability of learners achieving these goals in the educational setting.

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you know, that in politics if you don't become filthy bleeping rich, YOU DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT! :laughing7:
Yes, I do believe the Clintocks have a few royalty checks, too.
They ALL write books, because once they made it to the top, they think everyone cares about what they say.

Publishers have done as good a job as the advertisers. They woo your mind for the money in your wallet!
Most will fall for it. Meanwhile, cha ching, another million dollar deposit. :laughing7:

True enough, I can't see denying their chance to make money if there is a market for it though. And I wouldn't censor their opinions either, but they should be held under a BRIGHT light. If that had been the case with the BO there would have been a different outcome.

pip- Do you read these paste jobs or just send them on? I have asked you repeatedly to give us a small forward on it, to at least save a little bandwidth. It looks like you don't believe or don't understand your clips.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pip. it's not insults. I don't think some can access links or pop ups thingys on phone I-pod/pad thingys.
I'm speaking as someone that don't even own a cell phone, kay. LOL!
I think most, I myself, (cause I said something to you one time also, bout the link thingys),
we kinda like reading the words here, instead of having to click, link, wait....... :laughing7:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all you have are insults...just because the topic is above your educational level, does not make the sites I post irrelevant...

Sorry you feel insulted, but it doesn't change the fact that you will not or can not breakdown the paste jobs. Even that guy you hate breaks it down or posts excerpts. You would think it would be a polite thing to do?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pip, you no disrupt. I had to click the link to make sure I might be edumacated. :laughing7:
I got no plans for publishing book myself, atm, LOL.......
Guess I'm just not money hungry enough! :laughing7:

I have no clue about bandwidth stuffs, I have fiber optics? :tongue3:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I had fibers.. I live in the sticks. I am charged by the gig.

And at least half of the time I read or post from my phone.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh really? the price plummeted? We currently produce as much oil domestically as Saudi Arabia, but the price of gas I pay still hasn't gone down. Demand is not in control of the oil markets any more, since we currently are consuming the same amount of oil as we did in 1993! So if Sarah was so very successful with her "drill baby drill", why has supply increased dramatically, but prices are not the same to the consumer as they were in 1993?

The simple truth is oil could be free and plentiful to oil companies, and prices for gasoline would continue to rise. its about their profit, nothing else.

For those with short memories, after reaching more the $4.00/gallon under Bush/Cheney in 2008, at the end of 2008 (think "elections" :) ) gas was down to UNDER $2.00/gallon NATIONWIDE!

When it became apparent that the current administration was going to go the "green energy" route, the price resumed its upward climb.

If your memory is that short, perhaps you should look into visiting your physician.

For the more feeble minded, here's the graphic (I just noted the three important dates in red).

[
gasprices.jpg

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I had fibers.. I live in the sticks. I am charged by the gig.

And at least half of the time I read or post from my phone.
Well if I was able to, and it didn't raise my premiums 900%, i'd be willing to share my fibers with you.
Other than that, good luck buddy! :laughing7:

Chad, how dare you try to re-rail a thread with facts and graphs! :laughing7:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeff said, "at least Obama and Christie are serving their full terms, they aren't quitters!! "
True Jeff, I've always felt that way about the way she left office but, I wish o-bama would follow suit except there is a long line of people as bad or worse than he is in the chain of replacements. A cancer of fools has taken over our country.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Jeff said, "at least Obama and Christie are serving their full terms, they aren't quitters!! "
True Jeff, I've always felt that way about the way she left office but, I wish o-bama would follow suit except there is a long line of people as bad or worse than he is in the chain of replacements. A cancer of fools has taken over our country.

Packerbacker ... are you sure Jeff got it right? Remember the result of Obama not completing his term in the Senate? Some guy named "Rod Blagojevich" even ended up in prison for trying to sell Obama's seat in the Senate to serve out the balance of his term.

As for Christie, well if he is planning to run, he will ALSO be leaving office without finishing his term.

I still remember Sick Willie promising us here in Arkansas that he would NOT run for president if we elected him as governor. We were hoping we could help the country by keeping he and his sicker half here so they couldn't infect the whole country. Instead, he didn't finish his term either. He ran for another office, and the pain still goes on.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those with short memories, after reaching more the $4.00/gallon under Bush/Cheney in 2008, at the end of 2008 (think "elections" :) ) gas was down to UNDER $2.00/gallon NATIONWIDE!

When it became apparent that the current administration was going to go the "green energy" route, the price resumed its upward climb.

If your memory is that short, perhaps you should look into visiting your physician.

For the more feeble minded, here's the graphic (I just noted the three important dates in red).

If you think Sarah Palin has any affect on the market price of oil, I need to be in a contrafund investing club with you.

Please post your stock picks for us all.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... and yet, you never understood. Big difference between "prettier" and "less uuuugly".

I wouldn't elect someone because they're pretty - or not.

That would make as much sense as some liking Sarah Palin because they think they are going to end up in bed with her. Wanna make a bet on how many on TNet will do that? Zero maybe? Yet, the fantasy goes on .........................

That's what I meant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread