Panama City Florida

jf504mp

Feb 15, 2008
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Hi All, well I will be in the Panama City area sometime this winter and was wondering if there are any of you who have spent any time there hunting? I have never hunted on a beach before. Any tips would be apprectiated. I have a Whites XLT. Do you think it would be wise to get one of those sand scopes on a pole? I don't know what they are called for sure.

Thanks alot.....John

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or an army shovel you can turn it in to a shovel hoe....

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
I've hunted those beaches in the past. My cousin lives just north of the beaches in town. Be prepared for lots of tabs and especially bottle caps and cans. Florida had no can or bottle deposit laws back in the late '80s when I hunted there.........Good Luck! NGE

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nowgittineverything said:
I've hunted those beaches in the past. My cousin lives just north of the beaches in town. Be prepared for lots of tabs and especially bottle caps and cans. Florida had no can or bottle deposit laws back in the late '80s when I hunted there.........Good Luck! NGE

Ditto. Was there once at a private beach back mid 80's. Couldn't believe the trash. Wondered how many people ripped their feet apart on the cans and trash. Don't remember finding any goodies...couple pieces of modern coinage...but I was using an old t/r that wouldn't balance in the sand either...so...

Al

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
I hunted those beaches every weekend... get out there early, lots and lots and lots of trash.....might get lucky and find a dropped ring ot two or 3 and some change..... :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread