Panning Gold Today

CachePete

Greenie
May 28, 2007
Taneytown Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900/Excalibur 1000/Whites Prizm!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took my wife and son panning today. They opened the Spring Valley County Park around Glen Rock PA. for a one day of gold panning. This was the first time we have ever been there. Nice little park just a hole in the wall if you didn't know about it you would never find it. This place has produced flour gold, flakes and very small sand like pieces of gold. There were a couple of Gold Hunting clubs there too. Well we panned for about 4 hours found some very little flakes no nuggets. We saved all of our panned black sand even if we didn't see any color for a final cleaning back at the ranch. My son spent most of the day catching minnows he's 4. My wife, my best find yet! Claims all Gold and Jewery recovered. But she also gets to buy all of our equipment. Hope everyone else had a good day. Any questions of the location or if you would like to share locations around Southern PA. Northern MD. Hunting and Panning sites send me an email. Happy Hunting!

Upvote 0

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
Spent many years panning gold, but never hit the big one. At least you got to see some color in your pan. Congrats on that!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I was in Alaska a month ago, found out I was not a sougher doe, that is some hard work! I did keep looking up and out for big bears...O.k any bears.Didn't have my machine with me, one of those (just you and me trips.)Then some luckily fellow found a 3/4 ounce I almost cried.Oh well it was fun anyway

I am so happy you are passing along to you little one, quality and fun times I'm sure he will remember forever.I have.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love panning for gold with my family. Great entertainment even if you don't find the motherlode.
-MM-

TeddyB1967

Feb 23, 2007
Pennsylvania
hello1234.gif
& Welcome to Tnet.
Sounds like a great day with the family.
You can post your info on locations in the Pennsylvania Forum if ya like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread