panning in Columbia

MRDUKE

Mar 25, 2007
hi i used to live right outside of columbia, in a little town called valliceto, theres a road called parrots ferry rd that connects the two towns anyway about half way between the two theres a trail off to the side called natural bridges, I've never panned there but I've had quit a few people tell me it,s good there, I'm sorry but TT i just wrong on this one , while most of it might be claimed up, the amount of people you see working there clams are few and far between , trust me when i say this i grew up and spent over 44 years in the back country, I've just about been any place you could be on the moke river, and while you do come across marked clames , not that many , if you don,t want to take a chance that you might be on someones clam that has,NT worked it in 20 years , then there are plenty of little run off creeks up in the mountions that I'm sure are not claimed, the main thing is get away from the easy spots, if you need some places to go just p m me good luck

flyspekau

Apr 2, 2008
Fresno Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
MRDUKE is there any water running in any of the creeks up there now? I have friends with claims on Rose , woods and eagle and they say dredgins over pretty much waters low or no flow

My Dad has a place up above Twain hart I have dredged once an open spot on stanislaus river but it was hit plenty no gold to be found not a speck.

Any suggestions for summer time dredging there no not a member of GPAA or LDMA so what about I-Bar or other rivers and streams???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread