Parallel Universes, extra dimensions, & related UFOs, disappearances etc

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Re: Parallel Universes, extra dimensions, & related UFO's, disappearances etc

Dear KGC-Rebel;
You wrote:
in the NORTHERN "hemi" (which are "bad", destructive, etc.).
In my very humble opinion ALL "hemis" are good, especially the mighty 392! Long live big block Mopar Power!
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

COFFEE? YES! (Of course, and in fact my mug has evaporated again even as I type this so must head for the refill.) KOOL-AID now is quite another thing! :o ::) ;D :tongue3:

Rebel wrote
I have NEVER put a "GOD vs DEVIL" slant to it,

I got the "clockwise = of God" from where you wrote,

Rebel - KGC said:
;D TRUE, Ss. LOOK at the "pics" in terms of CLOCK-WISE (of GOD); and COUNTER-CLOCKWISE
(of destruction);
Chambered Nautilus... NATURAL - CLOCKWISE; Spiral Galaxy... NATURAL - CLOCKWISE; HURRICANE... "NATURAL" - COUNTER-CLOCKWISE. EVEN Golden Ratio is CLOCKWISE.:
:o :coffee2: Coffee? MAY be a LONG, sleepless night... :D :wink:

Did I misunderstand what you meant?

If there are ten Universes, all existing in a different "plane" or dimension, do they all rotate in the same direction? Do they all rotate, for that matter? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:D NAW... not aware of any rotation; are YOU aware that the EARTH rotates? I'm not. I used ''God", because I do not know what other term to use... any suggestion? ???

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

GOD is fine with me, in fact if we try to explain the origin of the universe without a God, it is a big problem.

More coffee? :coffee: :coffee2:

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004

Dear Oroblanco;
I firmly believe that God is the Creator of all things, my friend. The miracle of life should be enough to convince anyone of the existence of God. That life always breaks free, no matter what the odds, is simply ASTOUNDING! We see so much different life in our daily lives that we tend to take it pretty much for granted, yet once you actually study how life is formed, then it's pure awe and amazement. Nothing can satisfactorily explain this truly miraclous phenomenom except to state that God does exist.
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Lamar when you are right, you are right; I would bet that many of the others here are likewise convinced of this truth. :thumbsup:
Oroblanco

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004

Dear Rebel-KGC;
I'm on my 2nd cup o' the morning now. There is nothing quite like a cup of fresh roasted and fresh ground coffee, with REAL cream in it! Also, an all-natural, no chemicals or additives added, cigarette, perfectly aged andgently rolled, helps the coffee go down better! :coffee: :coffee: :coffee::coffee2: :coffee2:
Your friend;
LAMAR

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004

Dear group;
It has been stated that several members of this topic and it's predcessor have driven these threads off-topic, Heaven forbid! Therefore, in light of these recent claims, I have decided to maintain an air of sensibility and responsibility by making extra-triple certain that I do not participate in any more of these types of shenanigans, my friends!

And now, without further adieu or pre-amble, I bring you "Lamars' amatuer astronomers and physicists guide to cooking! One mans' thoughts on practical goodness whilst viewing or pondering our Celestial bodies!"

Yes folks, you read that statemeent correctly! As amatuer astoronomers and physicists, we often times find ourselves awake at odd hours, trying to resolve a very knotty problem, "like what is our universe orbitting around?" and "Why is our Universe expanding?" or we may find ourselves waiting patiently till 2:30AM which is when Saturn will be at it's apex.

For these times, when the rest of the family is slumbering away peacefully and you feel the first twinges of hunger, don't just raid the icebox for a snack or a snadwich! No sir! Instead, you should fix a redneck style banquet fit for the king of the castle, which is what WE are! And so, I now present, for your home dining pleasure, "Lamar's South Texas Style Chickenfried Steak- A pictorial guide with instructions."

Now, let me start off by stating that cookbooks and utensils such as measuring cups and spoons are for WIMPS! As men we reject these things in whole! That being stated, allow me to explain the underlying photos:
Pic #1 Get yourself a small steak and butterfly that dood, like in Photo #1. Also, get some flour, 1 egg (the yard eggs are the best as they have a deep orange yolk. Those raunchy store boughts eggs with the pale yellow yolks are just NASTY!) and large Ziplock freezer bag.
Pic #2 shows about how much flour you'll need to put into the Ziplock bag.
Pic #3 Put butterflied steak in bag & make sure that it is completely covered in flour, squeeze out all the excess air, zip it closed, then beat the bejeebus out of the steak with the FLAT side of a meat tenderizer. If you use the jagged side, it'll destroy the bag. Don't go crazy with the pounding. Just whack it a few times, then flip the bag over, ensure that the steak is still well coated in flour and drive on. Keep doing this until the steak is about 3/16" thick everywhere.
Pic #4 Shows what the steak should look like after being mauled with the mallet.
Pic #5 Dump the flour from the bag into a shallow container which is larger than your now flat as a tortilla steak. Add the egg to the flour then add a small amount of water.
Pic #6 Beat the flour, egg & water mixture with a fork or whatever you have handy until it's a smooth batter. If you added too much water, don't panic! Just add a bit more flour till it's nice and thick and smooth. The trick here is to get the batter thick enough to where it comes off of a spoon when scooped up, yet not runny. The consistency of honey is good for the batter.
Pic #7 Place the steak in the batter making sure that it is coated completely on both sides
Pic #8 Add the amount of veggie oil as shown in the pic to a large skillet, then heat it up
Pic #9 Put about this amount of flour on a large dinner plate
Pic #10 Place the battered steak on top of the spread out flour, getting it well coated in flour. Do this to both sides
Pic #11 By the time you're finished coating the steak as previously explained, the grease should be hot. Check it by gently spitting into it to see if it pops. We all know that all real men do this when nobody is looking, so why not just admit to it?Put the steak in the hot oil and let it cook
Pic #12 Whilst the steak is frying happily along, it's now time to fix the gravy. Chickenfried steak without white gravy is just HORRIBLE! In fact, I think there's a law against it back in Texas. Anyway, the pic shows what you'll need. From left to right: Corn starch, WHOLE milk (none of than skim, thin milky colored stuff, plz) REAL butter (margarine is definitely wimp food, guys) and some chicken boullion. I use the powdered boullion, but you can take half of a chicken bouillion cube and shave it into a powder, which is basically the same thang.
The rest of the pictorial will be continued in the following post.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Attachments

• ChickenFriedSteak_1.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 203
  • ChickenFriedSteak_2.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 212
  • ChickenFriedSteak_3.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_3.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 193
  • ChickenFriedSteak_4.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_4.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 213
  • ChickenFriedSteak_8.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_8.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 214
  • ChickenFriedSteak_7.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_7.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 206
  • ChickenFriedSteak_6.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_6.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 207
  • ChickenFriedSteak_5.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_5.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 194
  • ChickenFriedSteak_12.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_12.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 207
  • ChickenFriedSteak_11.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_11.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 205
  • ChickenFriedSteak_10.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_10.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 214
  • ChickenFriedSteak_9.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_9.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 216

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004

Dear group;
And now for the rest of the recipe!
Pic #13 Put this much starch into half a coffee cup of milk and the half chicken boullion cube
Pic # 14 Put this much butter into a skillet. Please note that we don't believe in giving up on agood cooking skillet just because it has a bit of age and wear on it.
Pic #15 By the time you reach this stage, the bottom o' the steak should look similar to the photo. Flip it over then procced to the next step.
Pic # 16 A professional looking chickenfried steak. Now, all the more we lack is the gravy, so let's get busy, guys!
Pic #17 Once the butter is melted down to this point, take the skillet off of the fire
Pic #18 Add the mixture from the coffee cup to the melted butter. Note the spatula standing by. Have this on hand!
Pic #19 Place skillet with mixture & melted butter back on the fire. Stir gently & CONSTANTLY! Do not even THINK about stopping, not even to scratch your nose or other parts of your body! Watch it closely as your stirring it about. If it starts to get thick too quickly, lift the skillet off of the fire (real men NEVER turn the burners of a stove to anything other than wide open) and continue stirring. If you don't stir enough or if the gravy gets heated too quickly, it'll get lumpy and that is something we cannot stand. The gravy should get nice and smooth & thick, just like in the pic
Pic #20 Pour the gravy over the crispy chickenfried steak, look around to make sure you're alone (so you ain't gotta shae it with anyone) then DIG IN! It's pure Heaven on a plate, gentlemen.

For my next installment, I'll talk everyone through fixing fried okra as a side dish to our delicious and nutrious chickenfried steak!
Your friend;
LAMAR

Attachments

• ChickenFriedSteak_17.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_17.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 205
  • ChickenFriedSteak_16.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_16.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 213
  • ChickenFriedSteak_15.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_15.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 204
  • ChickenFriedSteak_14.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_14.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 210
  • ChickenFriedSteak_13.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_13.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 211
  • ChickenFriedSteak_18.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_18.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 210
  • ChickenFriedSteak_19.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_19.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 203
  • ChickenFriedSteak_20.jpg
    ChickenFriedSteak_20.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 210
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Lamar wrote
There is nothing quite like a cup of fresh roasted and fresh ground coffee, with REAL cream in it! Also, an all-natural, no chemicals or additives added, cigarette, perfectly aged andgently rolled, helps the coffee go down better!

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: <2 thumbs up!> Dang it Lamar, I am starting to think there are really far less things that you and I disagree on, than those we do agree on. :tongue3: Thank you for that recipe BTW!

You have also mentioned one of those mysteries that puzzles me, and I don't know the answer. Our Universe is expanding, at least all the evidence points that way; the most commonly accepted explanation is that this is a direct result of the Big Bang. If there were NO Big Bang, how could this expanding Universe be explained?

Another question (for me) is that if our detectable Universe is expanding (and I am convinced this is true) is it logical then that an alternate Universe might be shrinking in response? (Newton's Third Law - action and equal & opposite reaction) Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004

Oroblanco said:
Lamar wrote
There is nothing quite like a cup of fresh roasted and fresh ground coffee, with REAL cream in it! Also, an all-natural, no chemicals or additives added, cigarette, perfectly aged andgently rolled, helps the coffee go down better!

:icon_thumleft: :icon_thumright: <2 thumbs up!> Dang it Lamar, I am starting to think there are really far less things that you and I disagree on, than those we do agree on. :tongue3: Thank you for that recipe BTW!

You have also mentioned one of those mysteries that puzzles me, and I don't know the answer. Our Universe is expanding, at least all the evidence points that way; the most commonly accepted explanation is that this is a direct result of the Big Bang. If there were NO Big Bang, how could this expanding Universe be explained?

Another question (for me) is that if our detectable Universe is expanding (and I am convinced this is true) is it logical then that an alternate Universe might be shrinking in response? (Newton's Third Law - action and equal & opposite reaction) Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco
Dear Oroblanco;
Your observation that the Universe could not expand without the Big Bang is exactly what Fr. Lemaitre thought! Albert Einstein theorized that our Universe was a stable entity and as such was neither expanding nor contracting. Fr. Lemaitre theorized it and Edwin Hubble confirmed it. Only then did Einstein eat crow and accepted the expanding universe and the Big Bang as valid concepts.

The Universe could not expand without the driving force of the Big Bang. Of this much scientists are certain my friend. The Big Bang fits into the Universe quite nicely and as such, there are no *what if* possibilities which surround it as a theory.

It would certainly make sense that if our universe were expanding then in an alternate universe it would also be contracting in a like manner. The real question is, do alternate universes exist?
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Lamar wrote
The real question is, do alternate universes exist?

Agreed! :icon_thumleft: I have to wonder too, if there is an (at least one) alternate Universe behaving in opposition to our own, would it be made up of anti-matter rather than matter? That would explain the rarity of anti-matter in our own Universe right? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004

Oroblanco said:
Lamar wrote
The real question is, do alternate universes exist?

Agreed! :icon_thumleft: I have to wonder too, if there is an (at least one) alternate Universe behaving in opposition to our own, would it be made up of anti-matter rather than matter? That would explain the rarity of anti-matter in our own Universe right? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco
Dear Oroblanco;
The REALLY weird part about anti-matter is, "Where did it all go???" The Big Bang almost certainly produced equal, or nearly equal, portions of both matter and anti-matter, yet we can find no physical evidence of antimatters' existence.
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

You have just reminded me of a new thread I wish to start, will be a moment at that.

Could the missing anti-matter be found in the 'dark matter' hanging so mysteriously out in space? Thank you in advance,
Oroblanco

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004

Dear Oroblanco;
Yes, that is a VERY distinct possibility my friend. Hopefully, very soon we will have discovered the presence of anti-matter. As I am writing this, there is a shuttle mission being ramped up for July 29, 2010 and it will be transporting the new Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer, or AMS for short. This new project is dubbed AMS-2 as the original AMS project was launched in 1998 and it has thus far not been successful in detecting anti-matter.

AMS-2 is about 250 times more sensitive than the AMS-1 project, therefore astro-physicists stand a much higher chance of successfully detecting anti-matter. Also, this is scheduled to be one of the last shuttle launches, as NASA is shutting down the shuttle program and going back to the moon, it seems. Maybe they want to see if the flag is still standing...
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used

Just my opinion on this, but I think going back to the Moon is a rather pointless effort. If it is to establish some kind of mining enterprise, or base for further exploration then perhaps it is justifiable, but I would MUCH sooner see the effort put into manned missions to Mars.

I wonder how they would actually detect anti-matter at all? We could not simply "scoop" it up with a bucket, as it would violently react with any matter - and unless it were radioactive, or otherwise emitting something detectable - how could it be detected? One of many things I do not understand.
Oroblanco

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004

Oroblanco said:
Just my opinion on this, but I think going back to the Moon is a rather pointless effort. If it is to establish some kind of mining enterprise, or base for further exploration then perhaps it is justifiable, but I would MUCH sooner see the effort put into manned missions to Mars.

I wonder how they would actually detect anti-matter at all? We could not simply "scoop" it up with a bucket, as it would violently react with any matter - and unless it were radioactive, or otherwise emitting something detectable - how could it be detected? One of many things I do not understand.
Oroblanco
Dear Oroblanco;
What particle physicists hope to be able to detect is matter-antimatter annihilation, If matter collides with antimatter, an explosion presents itself and one of the effects of this type of an explosion is the release of very highly charged photons, which should be detectable with equipment that is sensitive enough.
Your friend;
LAMAR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread