Park Hunt Silver!

OhioCoinHunter

Feb 15, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac with Sunray X-1 Probe, 8x6 SEF Butterfly coil, 10x12 SEF Butterfly coil, 15x12 SEF Butterfly Coil
This morning I hunted a park for 3 hours under the threat of rain. So I was in cherry picking mode. I found a 1942d Mercury dime, a 1945 Mercury dime, a 1910 silver Canadian dime and a 1929 Buffalo nickel. I also found a couple of wheats, some modern coins and a few pieces of trash. It was a good time. Dan

4425891752_957c9b27de.jpg

4425892118_b2e0f52ccb.jpg

4425892504_4463c44390.jpg

Here's a video of the hunt for anyone interested:

Upvote 0
they are really cool dimes i like em.

Gottagetbacktothatpark, for sure. Good hunt. Keep us posted on anymore of that shiny stuff that
comes up out of the ground. AND.....a dated buffalo. Good job. :thumbsup:

I found a 1929 buffalo nickle march 9th at a local park. My first time out this year. Ohio is a great state for old coins! Happy hunting to all those in Ohio!!

looks like a trip to ohio for me

I really enjoyed seeing your post about the 1788 coin, and now the great video. This was the week that I remembered that I had wanted a metal detector all of my life, got one with 3 coils, got out into the lovely balmy outdoors and had fun after the snowy winter. I doubt if I will be up to digging a lot (old injuries) but house sits in a long valley, perhaps once a river bed that is now a really long cornfield, and it is already fun just going over this half acre and will be fun to check out the tiny winding stream also on my property. The stream is at base of a hill and flows to a creek that flows to the Hocking. Roots in Oklahoma, and inherited few arrowheads, Indian heads etc. that Daddy collected or found long ago.

redneck13126 said:
what kind of gibson did you play? les paul, sg, acoustic

I had a Gibson Les Paul Studio. I didn't like the fat 50's neck on it so I got rid of it.

Great finds you gotta love that silver :icon_thumleft: that SEF 10x12 coil covers a lot of ground Question ? do you find the pin point spot is were the coil attaches to the pole ? either the front or the back of that spot ,depending what program i use its not always the same area its only a difference of a few inches. Good hunt and video Jim

Deepdiger60 said:
Great finds you gotta love that silver :icon_thumleft: that SEF 10x12 coil covers a lot of ground Question ? do you find the pin point spot is were the coil attaches to the pole ? either the front or the back of that spot ,depending what program i use its not always the same area its only a difference of a few inches. Good hunt and video Jim

Here's how I pinpoint, Jim. I wiggle the coil around in pinpoint mode to discovered where the signal is the loudest. Then I stop on that spot. I then push the coil forward until the signal disappears. I then pull it back to the point where the signal again appears. Stop the coil on that spot. When I do these steps, the target is under the SEF logo on the coil every time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back