Parking Lot Find

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
I didn't find it with my metal detector, but I made a good parking lot find when I went to lunch today. Got out of the car and saw a plastic card laying in the parking lot. I picked it up, and it was a gift card. The store the card was for was nearby, so after I ate, I went there and asked a cashier if she could check the card and tell me if anything was left on it. To my surprise, she said the card had $23.00 on it. Wooo hooo, that beats most of my days out MDing. It pays to look at the ground.

Mike

Upvote 0

bruizr

Feb 4, 2006
Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, 'big bud' by bounty hunter, aqua vision
i knew my drill instructor in boot camp was missing something by saying "aint't no use in lookin' down - aint't no discharge on the ground".
i once found a gold ring on a parking lot and an arrow head on top of the ground out in the middle of the woods while hunting(some turkeys had scratched bare spots in the leaves).
so, look up,down & all around. congrats! bruizr.

OP
OP
Trash Digger

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
partenr said:
Sweet! You found a $23 bill. Weather resistant one.
dave-enc said:
cool find mike do they sell batteries , digging tools
hh
dave+bobbie

Waterproof money. I'll take it any time. And they sell all kinds of good stuff. It was a card from a local home improvement center. I think I'll look for a good pair of gloves.

Mike

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
good job, that would have went to waste if you hadnt found it. you never know what you might find.

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
I found one myself! Checked the balance and that puppy had 13 cents on her!!! WOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO.
;D
~Nash~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions