Nickel plated token? WTH?

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at a local park; near a famous old park. Toned at 6" so it could have been 5 or 6. Who knows. The clad also came from the same park. The clad was in the 2" - 6" range. The token came out somewhat clean and shiny. That's the reason I think it is nickel plated. Here are the before and after photos. Not much of a difference, huh? A bit bigger than a quarter I think. I only had a bout 30 minutes to hunt.

If anyone has ever seen one please....do tell......oh, and it is struck like a coin in that the obervse and reverse are flipped. It is also identical on both sides. Thanks!
CC Dirty.jpg CC Clean.jpg

Upvote 10

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You found some nice coins. Not sure what the token is, I've never seen one like that.

HH, Ringfinder

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting token.... maybe try searching google for... ICC CIC CCI....

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know either, but it's a nice find!

Nan :)

diamondjim

Mar 10, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cci....I know I've seen that logo before, just can't think of where...Strikes me as a train token

OP
OP
Blind.In.Texas

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I googled several different keyword combinations. and the closest I got was (http://www.geocities.com/btokens/tokcpg.html). Scrolling down to CCI gives us RWM/Roger Williams Mint. It is a token mint. They make custom tokens or will make them from stock dies. Obviously a custom token, but, for whom? It is itersting in that it is the only shiny game token or the 90 or so I have dug up this year. ;) Hopefully I will find out about it before I lose intersting in teh next 15 minutes ;) I must stick it next the rest of my un-eBay-able junk!

Aug 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. This is an old post. I hope you're still alive, haha. Jokes aside, I found a coin just like that a while back underneath a carpet I was working on. I did some research but found nothing except this. I also live in the same state. I was hoping maybe you knew more about it?

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would love that in my display case sometimes not knowing gives it more mystery value!!!!!

jgkwiatek

Apr 11, 2021
Buffalo, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this at a local park; near a famous old park. Toned at 6" so it could have been 5 or 6. Who knows. The clad also came from the same park. The clad was in the 2" - 6" range. The token came out somewhat clean and shiny. That's the reason I think it is nickel plated. Here are the before and after photos. Not much of a difference, huh? A bit bigger than a quarter I think. I only had a bout 30 minutes to hunt.

If anyone has ever seen one please....do tell......oh, and it is struck like a coin in that the obervse and reverse are flipped. It is also identical on both sides. Thanks!
View attachment 123188 View attachment 123189

Can I ask what city you found the ICC token in?

jgkwiatek

Apr 11, 2021
Buffalo, NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. This is an old post. I hope you're still alive, haha. Jokes aside, I found a coin just like that a while back underneath a carpet I was working on. I did some research but found nothing except this. I also live in the same state. I was hoping maybe you knew more about it?

Can I ask in what city did you find the ICC token?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions