Parks in St.Louis

does anyone want to hit some parks this weekend?

• forest park

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ??????????

• ??????????

• Total voters
OP
OP
landlord

landlord

Feb 28, 2007
st.louis
today i found 6 dimes 1 quarter 8 pennys set of keys and two washers nothing old but it was fun.

OP
OP
landlord

landlord

Feb 28, 2007
st.louis
2nd park this week found money in both i love this
wil someone post me back please. Good Day

OP
OP
landlord

landlord

Feb 28, 2007
st.louis
I FOUND A COUPLE OF RINGS AND A NECKLESS I WOULD LIKE TO POST BUT I DONT NO HOW TO POST THE PHOTOS.CAN SOME1 HELP PLZZZZZZ...

THANKS SCOTT

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
landlord said:
I FOUND A COUPLE OF RINGS AND A NECKLESS I WOULD LIKE TO POST BUT I DONT NO HOW TO POST THE PHOTOS.CAN SOME1 HELP PLZZZZZZ...

THANKS SCOTT

Sign up at photobucket (free) and upload your images there. At the bottom of each picture is a little box you can click and copy the link to your pic. Just make your post, do a cntrl v and paste your link in your post. Preview it to make sure it worked.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
When you take your pics, try and set your camera to 640 X480. It helps keep the photos to page size and under the 256KB limit.

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm from Michigan and have hunted STL parks a couple times. Fairgrounds and Carondelet. I found an 1898 Barber Dime and a 1879-O Morgan at Fairgrounds and have found an 1883 Seated Dime at Carondelet.

I am currently in Iraq and will be home in the Spring. I plan on taking at least 2 four-day trips to STL and am in the process of doing heavy STL Park research for my next trip there. I've never hunted Forest Park and am disappointed after looking at the imagery to see how much of it has been given over to golf and tennis.

Are there any parks that are NOT open to detecting? I have had absolutely no trouble there yet but don't want to run into any with the authorities. I'm not worried about the locals, either....just the "man"

Any info would be great

HH,
SgtSki

dirtdiver

Oct 30, 2007
Hi guys I'm new to this forum.

SgtSki the "man" will show up if you hunt in Tower Grove Park. Even though it is a city park, it is run by a board of goveners because it is historic. I tried hunting there once and was stop by the park ranger and was ask to leave.

I take it you are in the military. Thank you for serving our country so we can have the freedoms that we enjoy.

HH,
dirtdiver

nascarfan

Jul 17, 2005
To all you St. Louis Park Hunters, Not sure if you can get permission or not, but there's a park over near or in Pevely that I think should be hit!!! I think it's called Teamster's Park..........We had a family reunion there and it looked really good.......lots of tall trees and it was fairly old!! Not sure how far back it goes!! I believe it's probably a private park, not sure about if you could get in or not. I know there's a golf course on it and they've got one of those big, big slides w/ the humps on it where you use the old burlap sacks!! This park is pretty big too! Let me know if ya have any luck there........HH Bob

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If any STL Park Hunters are on here, I was wondering if you could PM me with some advice. Everyone on here whos familiar with STL Parks always mentions Forest, Carondelet, and Fairgrounds Parks. I'm doing research for a trip down there when I get back from Iraq in the Spring and I've found a LOT of parks in STL that look very promising but are never mentioned in posts. I have hunted Carondelet and Fairgrounds before. But these parks I don't see mention of on here, are they closed to detecting? (besides Tower Grove, I was already told you get hassled by the law if you hunt there) Am I delving into well-kept secret spots? I don't want to go into it and tip my hand or give away potential spots, but if anyone who hunts STL Parks other than Forest, Carondelet, or Fairgrounds can PM me I'd appreciate it.

HH,
SgtSki

camb1

Bronze Member
Dec 11, 2006
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000 & Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O'Fallon Park Is a good place to detect, but don't stay there to late and bring a buddy or two. I went there for about 3 hours with some friends. We pulled out several mercs, gold piece , 2 barber dimes and 2 half dimes. The best place is the North side of lake behind the shelter. There is a old fountain behind it. I recommend 25 feet north of fountain and just to the left a little. Keep aware of your surroundings. The police are getting better on patrolling.

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK thanks...guess I'll spill the beans

camb1 said:
O'Fallon Park Is a good place to detect, but don't stay there to late and bring a buddy or two. I went there for about 3 hours with some friends. We pulled out several mercs, gold piece , 2 barber dimes and 2 half dimes. The best place is the North side of lake behind the shelter. There is a old fountain behind it. I recommend 25 feet north of fountain and just to the left a little. Keep aware of your surroundings. The police are getting better on patrolling.

Thanks for the info on O'Fallon, camb1! OK guess I'll spill the beans on the parks I'm fishing for info on. I'm looking for info on Lafayette Square Park, Carr Square Park, Hyde Park, Benton Park, Gravois park, St Louis Place Park, and Resevoir Park, to name a few. I researched these parks and they are OLD. I'm not overly concerned what sort of 'hoods they're in, I plan on NOT going alone. I just need to know if these parks are OK to detect rules-wise, whether they've seen a lot of fill, etc.
Please answer by messaging me.

Thanx,
SgtSki

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SgtSki
I was in Lafayette park last spring. It is very old and very well kept. That whole area is rich in history. While I don't know if the park is detectable. I did notice that the grass was very thick, like heavy duty sod. The kind that would be 4"thick before you even got to the soil. Good luck and keep your head down...Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions