Electricbutter

Jul 4, 2017
Turners Falls Ma
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this next to the sword guard the other day.House dates 1752. I think I need to start digging the iron targets in this yard. Had a Wise friend ID it for me. Thanks
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544499535.797776.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544499550.108511.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544499562.877449.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 12

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes indeed. Unless it is gross overload with iron, I would dig all the targets. You never know what nice relics you may be skipping.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would tear into there like a monkey on a cuocake

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, with a touch mark too. See if you can find out any info on that. Great find!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find! :occasion14:

In that location, I would dig everything...you really never know! :icon_thumleft:

All serious relic hunters dig a lot of iron in search of the keepers.

OP
OP
Electricbutter

Electricbutter

Jul 4, 2017
Turners Falls Ma
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! :occasion14:

In that location, I would dig everything...you really never know! :icon_thumleft:

All serious relic hunters dig a lot of iron in search of the keepers.

I’m really starting to enjoy the relics, hopefully there’s more there to find. Probably can’t get back until spring though. Thanks

OP
OP
Electricbutter

Electricbutter

Jul 4, 2017
Turners Falls Ma
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, with a touch mark too. See if you can find out any info on that. Great find!
Yes, I really want to learn more about that specific touch mark. I’ll keep everyone posted once I figure it out. Thanks

OP
OP
Electricbutter

Electricbutter

Jul 4, 2017
Turners Falls Ma
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed. Unless it is gross overload with iron, I would dig all the targets. You never know what nice relics you may be skipping.

It’s bad in some areas but I can be selective over time. Hopefully I can find more of the spoon. Thanks

Whyme

Silver Member
Aug 22, 2007
Western New York
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find and maybe a clue to what lies under the soil! Congrats! :icon_thumleft:

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I really want to learn more about that specific touch mark. I’ll keep everyone posted once I figure it out. Thanks

I’ll do a bit of research on the mark. I’ve got a book dedicated to these marks. Fair warning to you....there’s a ton of them and some are very very similar. I learned this quickly when I found my family of latten spoons. It’s a great find but an even better indicator. I know I get very excited when something that early comes out if the dirt. I hope there’s more 17th Century treasure in that soil. Good luck

OP
OP
Electricbutter

Electricbutter

Jul 4, 2017
Turners Falls Ma
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MX Sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ll do a bit of research on the mark. I’ve got a book dedicated to these marks. Fair warning to you....there’s a ton of them and some are very very similar. I learned this quickly when I found my family of latten spoons. It’s a great find but an even better indicator. I know I get very excited when something that early comes out if the dirt. I hope there’s more 17th Century treasure in that soil. Good luck

That would be very helpful. I’ve found some touch mark information on the internet but is really confusing to decipher. I took a better picture of the touch mark. Looks like mine has G.W. (Makers initials?)with a Star Burst or Clock pattern? Thanks for your help and interest in my find I really appreciate it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1544668999.095145.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread