Pass The Corn Ill Take the Karats

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pass The Corn I'll Take the Karats

Have not had time to really hit anything hard this week as I had much to do. The week previous, I was out in the water and for the first time I actually had some results. I think I finally got the hang of the water machine and how to scoop correctly, etc., as the "water-thing" is a whole new frontier to me. I was surpised at the lack of targets closer to the shore, it was when I got out into the "iffy-looking black am I going to drown water", that I began hitting some tones. In fact, as I was pitching my foot forward to scoop the water line was at my chin. But, every lake is different, and noone knows for sure where the metals are at. Had a lot of fun, and netted mostly quarters. Yet, thought for sure I would at least find a "junker ring" or something similar. The crazy thing of it all was the 1955 wheat penny I pulled out just before I left. I did not even look at it until I was home, but recognized it as it was a funny color at first. That got me thinking lots. I stopped by the park office and spoke to the manager, and she said she does not think it was ever drained. Cannot even imagine what is down in the deeper water. If they ever drain that I am taking the day off. I posted a pic of the finds below. Not much, but I was proud to actually pull something from the drink and I had a ton of fun. Good exercise too!

Today, was a different story as I had an old backyard lined up from a house built around 1900. Unfortunately, the rain came. Ugggh. And, as I was driving up it poured. So instead I started looking at potential sites and driving down some roads I never have ventured through before. About an hour later, I was still looking and decided to veer off the path again to see what was in there in another smaller town. I thought to myself as I saw a "No Outlet" sign it was time to turn around or take a left. I took the left and saw the small clearing at the edge of a field. Hmm...looks like a park I thought. Sure enough, I saw the sign; hoisted the Jolly Roger, and parked my car. I had about an hour before I had to get to an appointment that was not too far from where I was at so figured what the heck. I could see the rotted out wood from the old horseshoe pit, and thought let's go. I started digging some clad, and some junk. Nothing really special at first, then I got a slammer reading. It was not until later I realized the headphones were turned down to Min. as well. Funny signal, and as I pried back the plug my eyes did a "hang-time". I have been training my brain not to see the gold and silver oasis's; the hallucinations one gets when they want the target to be SOMETHING. I stared at it, and my brain was making the shape of it through the dirt, and I thought I saw the stone. I am like...that's a ring. Still could not believe it. The motha is a huge 10K gold. I have it placed near a quarter so you can get an idea. That is ring #6 since July 1st and the first gold since I started back detecting again this July. The cylindrical "whatz-it" is what I believe to be a broken horse-shoe stake.

Most of the rest is from quick stops over the past week--have not had time to really get out long for a while. The small charm is junk (no stamp). Got a 1949 wheat from a grove I hit once in a while (quick hour hunt). Rest is clad, but not as much as I like to bring home.

Attachments

• lake915ab.jpg
    lake915ab.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 365
  • 927qb.jpg
    927qb.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0
Re: Pass The Corn I'll Take the Karats

Great finds, but don't see the pic of the ring :icon_scratch: Congrats!!

Page refreshed after my post and ring in the second pic. Looks great!!

Congrats! Definitely you were in the right place to find that huge hunk of gold after your meanderings ! Woo!

Your comment is so true it cracks me up: "I have been training my brain not to see the gold and silver oasis's; the hallucinations one gets when they want the target to be SOMETHING." As a relative newbie who's only found a bit of silver and no gold yet, I've been fooled several times by my hopeful hallucinations! This time you definitely didn't get any letdown!!! Andi

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back