Past 24 Hours Hunting With Some Friends...

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. I just lost about thirty minutes labor trying to post but, as T-net "LOGS" us out after about 10 minutes I lost it all.:BangHead: WTH!?! So here's a revised version. Got another H Gross baggage tag in the neighbor's yard. Also the large brass pull handle thingy with red paint. The "S" shaped twisted copper with raised edges appears to be a ring perhaps?. Met up with my buddy and his wife for a hunt at the old Camp Grant in Rockford, Illinois today. It's now the Greater Rockford Airport where my buddy works and he got us permission to hunt a few spots. Started on a tent encampment sight. Loads of beer cans and pull tabs but did recover an old toasty aluminum dog tag. Can only make out a few letters and numbers. May never be able to clean it up enough for an ID. Left for a spot they call the "Bowl". Surrounded by steeply sloped hill and on the bottom swarms of little green bees waited to attack us. Their sting was annoying but, not that painful so we toughed it out. I got the totally crusted green small button. Must be military as the soldiers would group here to do concerts and other events. Joe Louis fought down here my buddy said. Broke off for lunch as the heat was getting to us as well as the bees. Finished up across the street in a wooded area of turf that had a bit of shade but, the mosquitoes then became our new enemy. No great finds really but, a fun day had by all. The photo of the jet is a "Con Air" flight of inmates coming in for a landing. My buddy watches them from his hanger shuffling across the tarmac in there shackles into their shuttles off to their new "homes". Hope ya'll had a great day and a better one tomorrow. Kurios1

004.jpg 007.jpg 009.jpg 011.jpg 012.jpg 013.JPG 014.JPG 015.jpg 016.jpg 017.jpg 018.jpg 019.jpg 020.jpg 010.JPG http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2787/4103848272_2a2b245b3f_o.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 14

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
T-net never logs me out. No idea what is happening in your situation.

Your images don't work unfortunately.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had that happen before, talk about frustrating! Looks like a fun day

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratualtions on the great assortment of goodies! :occasion14:

cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Kurios1. Nice hunt...always good to get out with 'tectin' friends. That luggage tag is a great find...in many years of 'tectin' I have only one. Any idea of the age and origin?

Thanks for the post and Good Luck out there. C9

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Kurios1. Nice hunt...always good to get out with 'tectin' friends. That luggage tag is a great find...in many years of 'tectin' I have only one. Any idea of the age and origin?

Thanks for the post and Good Luck out there. C9

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/546039-brass-railroad-identification-tag.html

This is the second brass tag I have recovered belonging to "H. Gross". I still need to contact existing family to learn more about this man. Thanks for inquiring mate. :hello:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
great finds, Tnet logs me out more times than not when doing a post, don't know why

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread