past 4 dime boxes

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Those are typical results.. skunks do hurt but you know that eventually you'll find keepers.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
More to add to the pile. I get the paper wrapped in my area but went to Illinois last month and all they had there were the Brinks clear wraps. I really liked the speed in which you can go through these, however, dumping was an interesting thing. 1 bank took them as is and just counted the rolls and another tore them all open and ran them through the counter.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To you people who CRH hunt dimes, I tip my hat to you. I can't even read the D@mn dates on them my eyesight is so poor. I know the clear wrapped rolls are easier to search but they are few and far between where I live.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Try the customer-rolled if you can get 'em, the averages are the same as boxed, but the chances of multi-silver rolls are greater.

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfull is right, I prefer customer rolls over boxes. I think you'll find a little more silver in customer rolls, and you have a chance of hitting solid silver rolls too.

byrne3

Mar 4, 2011
FreedomUIC said:
To you people who CRH hunt dimes, I tip my hat to you. I can't even read the D@mn dates on them my eyesight is so poor. I know the clear wrapped rolls are easier to search but they are few and far between where I live.

I don't look at the dates on any of the rolls. The clear ones are faster to search because I don't have to take them out of their wrapper.. The paper machine wrapped rolls I take out of the wrapper and then grab maybe 15-20 and stack them in a pile and hold them in the cusp of my hand while they are rim searched.. The only dates I read are the silver ones after I find them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread