Past weekend

Minelab_505er

Greenie
Oct 4, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I finally got out this weekend, both days - and hunted for about 6 hrs total at the golf course... managd a few good finds, no silver coins though... getting more used to the signals, although I did dig a few 40s that turned out to be iron with nothing else in the hole (I know iron will develop a halo, but in my experience it usually dissppears once I break it)... the ground is as hard as concrete in all the best places - guess I just have to wait out the rainy season...

So, I ended up with a large, what looks to be a Naval hat insignia - the eagle is silver and the anchors have what looks like gold gilt; a button of some sort that has an eagle on it - not sure exactly what it is, but it's been in the ground a very long time; a nice little silver ring that said hello when I flipped the plug over; a tiny little silver pin with the Alamo on it (nothing historical); and besides the insignia, the coolest thing I found was this lock that I was told came from a rural farm delivery mailbox - it's over 100 years old, pretty sure...

Hunted hard and dug a lot of stuff (tons of junk), and my quads are like jelly, but it was a good hunt for boosting my confidence in this new machine. Thanks for looking!

Sorry for the rotated photos - they're not that way on my phone...

Attachments

• IMG_0124.JPG
    IMG_0124.JPG
    872 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0127.JPG
    IMG_0127.JPG
    547.1 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0129.JPG
    IMG_0129.JPG
    499.9 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0125.JPG
    IMG_0125.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    833.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    785 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Upvote 13
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice relics finds!

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
505..nice finds!! Looks like a great site, bets are there's alot more to be found in the ground...my fave is the silver looking Alamo pin...nice! Great pics...O..and welcome to Tnet! Great post...Ddf

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Naval insignia. The small eagle over anchor button looking device likely came from the same cap / cover. There would have been one on each side of the cap to fasten the hat band to it. The other one might still be there waiting to be dug. US naval cap for review.

Steve

Reiska

Aug 2, 2014
Detector(s) used
GM4 Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're right about the padlock. I found one that looks just like yours but it has a date 1902 on it.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow welcome to tnet great finds I once found a ww2 hat insignia in the woods here in Michigan where it har no business being those are great display case pieces!!!Hope you find lots more and post em Thanks for sharing your finds!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread