epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Well my horse trading and networking really paid off, I purchased a pair of bottles 2 weeks ago, one was t GIII-10 Urn & Cornucopia flask I had planned to resell and the other was a Empire Springs Saratoga quart in green I had planned on keeping. I also purchased a Umbach clear quart "anchor" hutch that I also had intebded to sell, I can now say I'm happy I didn't get any bites. While I was meeting with a local collector yesterday to takes pics of some stoneware pieces I don't have I brought the Umbach hutch and the Empire Toga with me in hopes I could work a trade for this AMAZING Spreitzer quart hutch, it is officially the 170th documented Paterson Hutch.

After I was done taking the pics I asked if he would be interested in seeing what I had to trade, when I took the two bottles out of their bags he said we had a deal, his only issue was deciding which bottle to choose out of the two. Because he's someone I've known for a long time, even though I didn't know he was a bottle collector, I told him he didn't have to choose, he could have both for the Spreitzer. Considering what the Umbach would have brought on Ebay, and how well the Togas do, I figure it was a very fair trade. Plus I hope to do some more trading and picture taking next week of some other bottles he has boxed up, I figure it's good karma either way even if I don't acquire another bottle or piece of stoneware from him.

There is one in aqua that Walter Rinda(Legend) sent to Joe Nagy(Legend) back in the 1980's, I'm elated to own the only known CLEAR Geo. Spreitzer & Co. example and thankful to my friend for the trade...

Attachments

• spr.jpg
    spr.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 113

RelicDude

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2012
north west connecticut
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd say you scored pretty well. I've never seen a hutch with an anchor that's really neat.

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations Jim on another great find. Its a lovely piece. I like the maritime look with the anchor

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread