Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought I would go to the Wetlands this morning before my daughter's wedding this afternoon. I got there a little after it opened and the first thing I saw was this heart shaped red leaf. I thought that was neat given the day.

K1600_IMG_0221.JPG

After chasing a Green Heron's call without sight of it, I heard a loud pecking and finally spotted this Pileated Woodpecker.

K1600_IMG_0256.JPG K1600_IMG_0270.JPG K1600_IMG_0294.JPG K1600_IMG_0299.JPG

I continued on along the path hoping to see something other than the grey squirrels that were out in force today, but I was disappointed to hear voices from across the marsh and getting louder. I decided I had better head back if I wanted to see anything before the people got there and 3 noisy ladies came out right behind me and unfortunately took the same route I had hoped to have alone. I figured my day was done and went back to the parking lot where they followed, got into a car and left. Ok, one last try8-). I went back to the area I usually see the Green Heron and all at once, there it was! I followed it to a couple locations and it let me get a couple shots that I was thankful for. Hope everyone's day will be a good one:hello:

K1600_IMG_0338.JPG K1600_IMG_0418.JPG

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Great Job Dave!!

We have a lot of those Pileated Woodpeckers here. Every time I hear one pecking in the woods, and try to stalk him, he flies away just before I get close enough for a shot.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Those woodpeckers are so awesome to see and they can make one heck of a noise pecking.That Heron shot is good,you'll get better ones yet...I'll be waiting.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I love watching woodpeckers. What I DON'T like is when they decide to have an argument with the spouse. One will always find the noisiest spot right up close to the house, then will tap, tap, tap away. Then you can faintly hear the others reply in the distance. Then this one will say something else. Fortunately their arguments don't usually last more than a 1/2 hour. :laughing7:

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only seen small woodpecker's around here.

Last edited:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I love watching woodpeckers. What I DON'T like is when they decide to have an argument with the spouse. One will always find the noisiest spot right up close to the house, then will tap, tap, tap away. Then you can faintly hear the others reply in the distance. Then this one will say something else. Fortunately their arguments don't usually last more than a 1/2 hour. :laughing7:

What is it at 3 in the morning when you hear those tree knocks and the answering knocks? Woodpeckers?

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
3(?!?!?) in the morning?? (in the voice of Schultz from Hogan's Heroes...) I hear nothing. Not at 3am I don't!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Beautiful, I feel like I'm there! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread