Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
copies of copies
your totally legit :thumbsup:

P

pippinwhitepaws

i just spoke to a friend who has spent a large amount of time in the archives in Seville.

old documents are extremely difficult to photocopy, which is why in Seville, they microfilm the object.
one is allowed to transcribe the material, but it is doubtful that the transcribes will carry the archives seal.
also, the Spanish speakers in the forum should have a difficult time reading 1602 Spanish.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pippinwhitepaws said:
i just spoke to a friend who has spent a large amount of time in the archives in Seville.

old documents are extremely difficult to photocopy, which is why in Seville, they microfilm the object.
one is allowed to transcribe the material, but it is doubtful that the transcribes will carry the archives seal.
also, the Spanish speakers in the forum should have a difficult time reading 1602 Spanish.

Pippin, I take 27 years investigating in the AGI. There are two ways to get photocopied documents:
1) the original is photocopied for the researcher
2) the original has been digitized and the researcher gets a copy of the digitized document.

The documents of more historical importance have been digitized, but the other one (approximately 90%) can be consulted physically.

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Pawel, Since you started this topic and wanted everyone to know that you are an honest Researcher. I will give you a chance to prove it. Return the $600 that you took from me by fraudulent means and I will be more then happy to post on this forum that you returned my money.

If you don't want to do that, then please post again and explain your fraudulent actions in your own words,

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last Active: Today at 06:41:26 AM

Pawel your Definately Reading this.

I'm not going to give you Forever to respond

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, he has failed to respond to my PM's, and I have seen him lurking. He obviously does not intend to respond. I am taking him down now!

Done!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You Tom !

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• thread-delivers.jpg
    thread-delivers.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 670

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vox,

My next door neighbor is from spain.She said she can read old archaic spanish.These documents will be a good test for her.I will let you all know the results.

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Lots of the old documents are in Castillian. Quite by chance, my attorney studied Castillian at University and likes to translate these documents for me.

If only he was as good an attorney as he is a translator!! Sorry, Tom!

Mariner

old man

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2003
East Coast
Pawel, we're still waiting to hear from you. You said, that you are an attorney. You're the first one I ever heard of that didn't want to plead his case. I guess that means you are pleading the fifth? I can take a real good guess on what that means.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pawel since you are now Banned from here.

You can contact me through my Spam Mail at

[email protected]

if you wish to supply contact info for old Man

& Return his $600 to prove yourself

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you Jeff, Wreckdiver, and others.

:)

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
And I was so close to nominating that for the banner. ;D

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHEYE said:
Vox,

My next door neighbor is from spain.She said she can read old archaic spanish.These documents will be a good test for her.I will let you all know the results.

Fish, The first document is of easy reading. And say the first ones lines:

En la ciudad de la Habana, a once dias del mes de diciembre de 1606 años. El señor don Pedro de Valdés, capitan general de la isla de Cuba ......

That is to say, it is a matter about the lost of the four galleons of the fleet of Luis de Córdoba disappeared in 1605, shipwrecks that I contribute wide details thoroughly in my book:

http://www.mmoya.com/america/titulos/galeones/index.html

The document of RGecy is about the lost of the French galleon Le Prince of which I had the delight of investigating:

http://www.cas.sc.edu/sciaa/mrd/documents/LPart3.pdf
http://www.cas.sc.edu/sciaa/mrd/documents/LPart5.pdf

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Vox,

The point, as I think Robert will confirm, is that those documents were not about Le Prince, but were altered so that they appeared to be so.

Or did I get hold of the wrong end of the stick ?

Mariner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread