Pawel Nowak - My Collection 1st Part

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the guy is the "grinch" that didn't repent.--the sort that gives researchers a bad name ---booo on him.

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
diverlynn said:
Hey djui5
Where ya been. This is old news, anything new 'bout this guy? Why is he allowed to continue this scam?

Diverlynn

Just that he e-mailed me today trying to sell Spanish documents from the Archives. I did a google search and was reading about him. Wanted to let everyone I know hear about it. I'll post my e-mails later :) The more the word gets spread, the less likely bad things will happen.

Sure is fun, haha.

Vox veritas

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
most documents had 3 copies of manifest and such -- one copy at loading port -- one copy carried on ship --one copy on another vessel in the fleet she was traveling with * ---that way in case of loss / salvage --- if the vessel was lost but the other was not they used the back up copy of the other fleet vessel --if both were lost --a copy of the land (loading port one-- mexico city --havana--santo domingo and so on) was made off the "original" and fowarded to spain --once the items were delivered to spain or the loss recorded ---the papers went into the records for "storage" --(ie the archives in spain)

Load documents? The eternal problem of the Spanish recoveries of galleons. The truth is this. Every year about 120/140 Spanish ships crossed the Atlantic, Pacific and even the Indian ocean. This generated a mass of impressive paper impossible to file. On the other hand didn't make sense keep these papers once the goods were given to their proprietors.
The load documents were destroyed. We can usually consult those that had or they generated a burocratic problem, as a later recovery that happened the few months or years after the shipwreck for example. Didn't make sense store them for other administrative purposes. This way it is very difficult to determine as much as it transported a ship, but if it is for sure all the ships that came from America always took treasures and smuggling.
How we know as much as they transported? For the cases of recovery, where there are numbers of what was recovered. In other occasions we can find summaries of what was transported.
Another source of information can be the customs liquidations in the departure ports (XVIII and XIX centuries).
For XVI and XVII we can know what was embarked of the Royal treasure, but this always went smaller of what it was transported of the private.

theGOLD

Dec 6, 2006
Detector(s) used
JW Fisher 8x
I second Emma as a great researcher. Great girl, really nice person as well.
Does spain have any of the archival documents in electronic form for sale or distribution online at all?? Hello private business/government joint venture opportunity...

-GOLD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread