Peace River odds n ends

...gee GatorBoy....you find Amazing things! I never find stuff like that...oh that's right, I found a horse rib once...:-\...ask Harry, he ID'd it for me.

It is a good one.

Awesome finds there! I still have a jar of shark teeth that I found at Venice beach when I was young. I just got a brand new outboard for my 12 foot jon boat so Im planning on hitting Peace River and try the Wekiva River as well since it is near me. I use to find shark teeth and other fossils a lot at Rock spring run when I was young. Over the years Rock Springs has been picked over clean so thats why I have a feeling I could still find some stuff by hitting the wekiva river.

Lots in Wakiva.
There's probably still a lot in Rock Springs you just have to get away from the constantly pounded public stretch.
The last spring I stopped at up that way was silver Glen I think it was like an amusement park with vending machines and screaming kids.. Someone please slap me if I mention doing that again.

Thanks that gives me a little more confidence about searching the river. I'm heading out next week and will post my finds on here.

Just make sure the warden doesnt see you collecting fossils in the spring. One time when my kid was 5 I took her to a spring in a park cause she was studding fossils in school. Long story short I had to leave in a hurry. The park ranger says Im going to the restroom and you better not be here when I get back. OOPS

It's common there rock... entire school field trips go there and do that

Last time I went the grounds keeper told me the same thing, that I could not collect there. Rangers didn't say anything but I don't know if they saw me or not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back