Pendant

odombearva21

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know what this is its a gold pendant with a crest on it and it looks like it says jeane belt on back but want to know more
yryjydem.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
OP
OP
O

odombearva21

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found it metal detecting awhile ago

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If we can get some clear close ups perhaps there are clues in the design elements -( like Latin inscriptions on the ribbons or banners or the shield)
It has a sort of" fraternal order" feel to me , and the design elements will likely give up the clues if we can see them clearly . Nice find !

SwampYankee

Feb 23, 2014
Northern New England
Detector(s) used
White's 6000/Di Series 3 Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, scales of justice and a shield is symbol of law, so either an attorney or law enforcement be my guess...

SwampYankee

Feb 23, 2014
Northern New England
Detector(s) used
White's 6000/Di Series 3 Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, zoomed much as possible, looks like scales at top, but I agree with you Argentium that a little more close-up might give more clues. The two figures usually represent liberty and justice - that's all I got Odin!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The scales are tipping in your favor, congrats on your gold find! Nice!

OP
OP
O

odombearva21

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks y'all I looked at it and on the ribbon to the left it looks like it says Caxton and here are some closer pics of it don't know if it will help though my camera isn't that good
ybesaqyj.jpg
hanuma2u.jpg

OP
OP
O

odombearva21

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I meant the ribbon to the right has Caxton on it not left the left one looks like it says hidelikia or something

deepsecrets

Jan 10, 2009
Shenandoah Valley Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the seal of the City of Philadelphia - what it could be? perhaps a convention medallion...just a guess, but based on the way the figures on the item are facing, it would seem this is based on the painting by Thomas Sully in 1821, now in the collection of the Independence National Historic Park and on displayed at the Second Bank building, which was commissioned as part of celebrations to welcome the Marquis de Lafayette back to Philadelphia for the American Revolution’s fiftieth anniversary in 1824. Could be your piece is a very early work. Very nice!

Last edited:
OP
OP
O

odombearva21

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again where would be a good antique place to take it too to see exactly what it is and what it's worth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread