Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEY GUYS AND GALS

Made it out this morning break of daylight with Cousin ED to try another section of shore. Short hunt of 2.5 hrs as it rained but managed a silver quarter / bell / bear / lamp piece/ plain button and nice old bottle. Good targets were few but junk targets were plentiful.

ED didn,t find much either ...but he did find a button spill...5 buttons in one hole...not that old I don,t think as they were snap buttons but they did have a nice pattern on them. Will post a pic of them tommorrow after he has them all cleaned up.

Decided to go for a short solo run tonight as the tide is working around to after dark low water...the rain stopped just in time so managed to get in 2 hrs.

Took my time and moved very slowly in a spot that looked good... popped out 4 or 5 musket balls..then the firstpewter button popped out (45 one ? ) .Made me smile as I knew I made a good choice to go there.
Then only 10 minutes later another button pewter ( crown one with writing around it ?)...... then the fun was over, just a few more musket balls.

Very poor shape this time . First ones I,ve found in this kinda condition ... but still nice to have in the collection.

Any help on ID is appreciated .

2014-03-20 15.51.09.jpg 2014-03-20 15.51.27.jpg 2014-03-20 15.51.40.jpg 2014-03-20 15.51.58.jpg 2014-03-20 15.52.24.jpg 2014-03-20 15.53.11.jpg 2014-03-20 15.53.43.jpg 2014-03-20 15.54.59.jpg 2014-03-20 20.41.31.jpg 2014-03-20 20.42.44.jpg 2014-03-20 20.45.29.jpg 2014-03-20 20.46.00.jpg 2014-03-20 20.47.34.jpg

Upvote 5

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna be afraid to see what you and Ed find when the weather is nice!
Congrats! Captain of the cold!

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats, Aqua! Nice finds... You and Ed are giving me the itch. I think the weather is finally starting to change... I thought that was an LC until I looked closer! Anytime I find an old lamp piece, other goodies are close by. :P Keep 'em coming!

Edit: The one with the crown.... can you tell us anything about the writing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, Aqua! Nice finds... You and Ed are giving me the itch. I think the weather is finally starting to change... I thought that was an LC until I looked closer! Anytime I find an old lamp piece, other goodies are close by. :P Keep 'em coming!

Edit: The one with the crown.... can you tell us anything about the writing?

TY GioTheGreek

Weather seems to be turning but environment Canada is saying spring won,t ge here til end of April...ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

And yes...when I find these old lamp pieces the good finds are usually close by...good sign of people being being around...I got 5 or 6 of these pieces now and have thrown away many others that were too damaged.

The writing on the crowned button is no more visible to the naked eye than what you can see in the pic.......it follows a double ringed band that encircles the crown...can,t make out any words tho.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm gonna be afraid to see what you and Ed find when the weather is nice!
Congrats! Captain of the cold!

TY Msbeepbeep

I,m getting itchy to hit some fields...but looking like willl still be a couple weeks...giving cold again for next week.

We are fortunate to have lotsa time to dedicate to the hobby....fishing season will soon slow us down ..... Ed dreams of a nice shiney gold coin...but don,t we all.!!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like another one to add to your collection. East Yorkshire Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Since I started posting on metal detecting forums this is the most different Rev War numbered buttons I have seen posted in such a short time.... so enjoy it, because it can get pretty quiet, and I'm sure at some point will. But if you can take that kind of luck on land it should be very interesting.

The other is too similar to too many so unless you find another one close you'll probably never know.

Attachments

• 15th.jpg
    15th.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 85

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To me, that old bottle is the best find today. It appears to be so imperfectly made that it is leaning. You've owned this forum over the winter.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like another one to add to your collection. East Yorkshire Regiment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Since I started posting on metal detecting forums this is the most different Rev War numbered buttons I have seen posted in such a short time.... so enjoy it, because it can get pretty quiet, and I'm sure at some point will. But if you can take that kind of luck on land it should be very interesting.

The other is too similar to too many so unless you find another one close you'll probably never know.

BOOOOOO IP !!!!

IT WILL NEVER END ...:laughing7:

LOL...I,m sure you are correct...I assume also that this run is not the norm.....all good things must come to an end but sure has been fun . However today it still continues !!!!.................. Will post that shortly.

Ty for all the information ..muchly appreciated once again. The bad shape ones had to come...been lucky as you said to find so many..let alone so many in good shape.

Hopefully I,ll find another that will lead to an ID of the crown one.

OP
OP
AQUA

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, that old bottle is the best find today. It appears to be so imperfectly made that it is leaning. You've owned this forum over the winter.

Ya...I had been giving all the bottles to COUSIN ED...his wife loves old bottles.

But this one I,m keeping ...has a slight pink tinge to it in the sun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread