Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I do believe Native Floridian is a racist because he can't see beyond the skin color of the current occupant of the white house.

Racism works both ways. If you only like someone because of their race, then you are racist.

Let's grow beyond that ... as Dr. King said: "The marvelous new miltancy which has engulfed the Negro community must not lead us to distrust all white people, for many of our white brothers, as evidenced by their presence here today, have come to realize that their destiny is tied up with our destiny."

What he meant is that "We're all in this together." This is NOT a black or white matter.

BAD LAWS HAVE NO COLOR.

LOL, the pot calling the kettle black!!! BTW, That's a saying, not a racist expression. You can look it up! Too funny!!!!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Has more than that in common with bo he is, solid gun control-anti 2nd admendment, gay marriage advocate and supports lucifercare...

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

You mean ACA? Because that's a republican congress passed law.

BTW, i know you are very happy with congress voting to throw people off food stamps. You said as much on these forums. Did you know that among those getting their SNAP benefits cut are veterans? Over a million vets will get their food stamps cut.

Of course these aren't guys like you and me. These are the poor *******s with missing limbs or Post traumatic stress syndrome. You know the guys who got the worst of it! But, well, as our republican congressman said 'These people will just have to work for a living just like the rest of us!"

I know you agree with that thinking, but sounds kinda heartless to me. A fine kick in the teeth for these poor guys. Yuo'da thunk that the republicans, in their zeal to starve our citizens to death, would have made an exception for vets. But no, no exception exists.

Maybe someone like Booker can make a change. He comes from the church of love, not the church of hate. And, Black Jesus is something he despises.

(BTW< Black jesus, not black - not racist - look it up if you are unaware)

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BTW, i know you are very happy with congress voting to throw people off food stamps. You said as much on these forums. Did you know that among those getting their SNAP benefits cut are veterans? Over a million vets will get their food stamps cut.

Of course these aren't guys like you and me. These are the poor *******s with missing limbs or Post traumatic stress syndrome. You know the guys who got the worst of it! But, well, as our republican congressman said 'These people will just have to work for a living just like the rest of us!"

I know you agree with that thinking, but sounds kinda heartless to me. A fine kick in the teeth for these poor guys. Yuo'da thunk that the republicans, in their zeal to starve our citizens to death, would have made an exception for vets. But no, no exception exists.

Maybe someone like Booker can make a change. He comes from the church of love, not the church of hate. And, Black Jesus is something he despises.

NF, you need to go back and read my posts, my complaints have always been against those abusing the system, I have repeatedly stated I have nothing against poor people or those who truly need the aid.

Post a single post by me advocating benefits be pulled from vets....

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
NF, you need to go back and read my posts, my complaints have always been against those abusing the system, I have repeatedly stated I have nothing against poor people or those who truly need the aid.

Post a single post by me advocating benefits be pulled from vets....

You said you agreed with the cuts. We didn't parse the "who" would get their benefits cut. I know you well enough that you would never do anything to hurt a vet. Yet, those you support in DC did just that.

My guys supported the vets by voting against the bill.

The vets got their benefits cut. Now that you know do you still support the bill as it stands?

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nf-"You mean ACA? Because that's a republican congress passed law."????????

Are we talking about the "affordable care act"? Wow.

Cnn-

3 days ago [h=1]House passes proposed GOP Obamacare changes[/h] Updated 4 p.m. ET, 11/15/2013
(CNN) - The House approved Republican legislation on Friday giving health insurers the option of extending plans through 2014 that would otherwise be canceled for not complying with Affordable Care Act standards.
The bill, approved 261-157, would also allow new customers to enroll in those plans. Thirty-nine Democrats crossed party lines and joined a nearly unanimous GOP caucus in voting for the measure proposed by Rep. Fred Upton, R-Michigan.

It has little to no chance of clearing the Democratic-controlled Senate, however."

"Obama's signature domestic policy initiative has been marred by the disastrous launch of the HealthCare.gov website, which allows consumers to buy new health plans online, and by the policy cancellations.

Both problems have put congressional Democrats in a difficult political position since the Affordable Care Act was approved in 2010 with no Republican support and signed by Obama, a Democratic president."

That sounds kinda not really like what you said,, huh??

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You said you agreed with the cuts. We didn't parse the "who" would get their benefits cut. I know you well enough that you would never do anything to hurt a vet. Yet, those you support in DC did just that.

My guys supported the vets by voting against the bill.

The vets got their benefits cut. Now that you know do you still support the bill as it stands?

Are you talking about SNAP?

The 2009 Recovery Act’s temporary boost expired and was not renewed.

Not sure why your so worried, considering your the one who was bragging how the economy is doing so much better now under bo after 5 years......

Remember unemployment is .03% better now than 5 years ago. 7.6% in Jan 2009 and after 5 years of bo economy boosting efforts we have plunged to only 7.3%.....

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Putting this thread back on topic - it doesn't matter if a mayor in a Pennsylvania town is pro gun. Mayors have little power, if any at all, to enact gun legislation within their own borders. Those laws are mandated by the state. So the guy comes into office on an issue on which he has no say. How smart was that? From his POV, pretty darn smart! From the voter's perspective, ah, not so much!

In the town mentioned the people elected a retired Police Chief. Seems like a good candidate. Except for this - they guy is a double dipper. Unfortunately, there is no law on the books to prevent this in Pennsylvania. He now draws a pension and a salary, both paid by the same taxpayers. He used an old trick to get people to vote for him, emotion. In doing so, from a financial POV, he got the citizens to vote against their best interests. This is common, unfortunately. This drains city and state budgets while increasing taxes. In this case the voters traded lower taxes for a powerless pro gun advocate.

Never underestimate the voting public!

Last edited:

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know the BO backed off of this,, but this was a viable option to him in 2009.

CNN again.
"WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki confirmed Tuesday that the Obama administration is considering a controversial plan to make veterans pay for treatment of service-related injuries with private insurance.

art.troops.gi.jpg
Lawmakers say they'd reject a proposal to make veterans pay for treatment of war wounds with private insurance.

corner_wire_BL.gif

But the proposal would be "dead on arrival" if it's sent to Congress, Sen. Patty Murray, D-Washington, said.
Murray used that blunt terminology when she told Shinseki that the idea would not be acceptable and would be rejected if formally proposed. Her remarks came during a hearing before the Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs about the 2010 budget."

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back on track!! :tongue3::hello2::laughing7:

Derailed and then put right back on by 1. Nice

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It matters every time an elected official violates our Bill of Rights and or Constitution in words or actions, doesn't matter if they are a dog catcher or POTUS....

Last edited:

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Are you talking about SNAP?

The 2009 Recovery Act’s temporary boost expired and was not renewed.

Not sure why your so worried, considering your the one who was bragging how the economy is doing so much better now under bo after 5 years......

Remember unemployment is .03% better now than 5 years ago. 7.6% in Jan 2009 and after 5 years of bo economy boosting efforts we have plunged to only 7.3%.....

Yes SNAP!

You didn't answer whether you agree with the legislation to boot vets? They are booted along with everyone else.

Regarding the economy - Is telling the facts about a recovering economy bragging?

On the subject of how well it's going, well GDP up over 2.8% in the third quarter- that's smokin good news! One underpinning of our stock market reaching new highs. latest jobs report plus 200,000. Good news as well!

As for who to credit for all this? You seem to want to credit, or discredit the president. While a good economy is a good thing for a sitting President, little of the credit belongs with him. Within government, credit the Fed. Still, the credit belongs outside of government.

That said, i do credit both Obama and Bush for doing the right things in 2008 and 2009 when we collapsed. If not for them, along with the Fed chairman, and the sec of Treasury, things would be much worse today.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes SNAP!

You didn't answer whether you agree with the legislation to boot vets? They are booted along with everyone else.

Regarding the economy - Is telling the facts about a recovering economy bragging?

On the subject of how well it's going, well GDP up over 2.8% in the third quarter- that's smokin good news! One underpinning of our stock market reaching new highs. latest jobs report plus 200,000. Good news as well!

As for who to credit for all this? You seem to want to credit, or discredit the president. While a good economy is a good thing for a sitting President, little of the credit belongs with him. Within government, credit the Fed. Still, the credit belongs outside of government.

That said, i do credit both Obama and Bush for doing the right things in 2008 and 2009 when we collapsed. If not for them, along with the Fed chairman, and the sec of Treasury, things would be much worse today.

Vets are part of all citizens affected by snap.

Oct 2013 unemployment is 7.3%.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
That's still lower than Reagan in 84 or Bush 1 in 92. And, it equals what Bush 2 left Obama. We peaked in 09 and have been positive since then.

And, again, for anyone who is interested, presidents don't effect economic numbers. not in a note worthy way.

Unemployment rate is an economic number.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's still lower than Reagan in 84 or Bush 1 in 92. And, it equals what Bush 2 left Obama. We peaked in 09 and have been positive since then.

And, again, for anyone who is interested, presidents don't effect economic numbers. not in a note worthy way.

Wrong, presidents present policies that stimulate jobs...... The more government regulation the less jobs produced....

bo's Lucifercare is a job killer and hours killer, could end up being the largest job killer in history.

Hundreds of thousands of workers have already had hours cut back due to lucifercare. 17,000 workers at Universal Studios just had their hours cut because of lucifercare. .

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It's a good thing then,, The BO seems to like the Unemployment numbers. I thought this was funny,, but you can find your own sources-- TH add another lie to the BO meter!!!
Census ?faked? 2012 election jobs report | New York Post

"
In the home stretch of the 2012 presidential campaign, from August to September, the unemployment rate fell sharply — raising eyebrows from Wall Street to Washington.
The decline — from 8.1 percent in August to 7.8 percent in September — might not have been all it seemed. The numbers, according to a reliable source, were manipulated.
And the Census Bureau, which does the unemployment survey, knew it.
Just two years before the presidential election, the Census Bureau had caught an employee fabricating data that went into the unemployment report, which is one of the most closely watched measures of the economy.
And a knowledgeable source says the deception went beyond that one employee — that it escalated at the time President Obama was seeking reelection in 2012 and continues today."

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do need him to spell it out. I know of no plan to overthrow the government.

i made a comment in response to this thread, if what i said offends you,no apologies. it was not directed to anyone in paticular.i am not aware of a plot either, what i was referring too, is the division being created by the ideals of libs ,if you are unaware of that (divide) ,i sight this 2nd forum as evidence that there exists a clear division,now you might say ,why do i say the libs are causing the divide,well from my perspective i feel they are infringing my rights to purchase ins as (i ) see fit, or to buy ,own, firearms , i want no civil war ,make no mistake there friend ,i love this nation ,and i love what it stands for, tolerence ,freedom, but there is an arogant faction that feels they can change ,what they did not create,to push their views onto everyone else.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Ah, he lives in backwards land.

As soon as you say ACA is a "republican passed law", you throw out all credibility.

When the ACA was passed, we had a democrat president, a democrat controlled senate (Harry Reid - then Senate Majority Leader - is democrat, so the democrats were in control of the senate) and a democrat controlled House of Representatives (Nancy Pelosi - then Speaker of the House - is a democrat, so the majority membership of the House of Representatives was democrat).

How does that make the ACA a "REPUBLICAN PASSED LAW?"

Too many herbs? Too much of something ... I sense many dead brain cells.

WVPapaw

Feb 22, 2013
Hills of WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, pro pointer, and two dowsing rods.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes SNAP! You didn't answer whether you agree with the legislation to boot vets? They are booted along with everyone else. Regarding the economy - Is telling the facts about a recovering economy bragging? On the subject of how well it's going, well GDP up over 2.8% in the third quarter- that's smokin good news! One underpinning of our stock market reaching new highs. latest jobs report plus 200,000. Good news as well! As for who to credit for all this? You seem to want to credit, or discredit the president. While a good economy is a good thing for a sitting President, little of the credit belongs with him. Within government, credit the Fed. Still, the credit belongs outside of government. That said, i do credit both Obama and Bush for doing the right things in 2008 and 2009 when we collapsed. If not for them, along with the Fed chairman, and the sec of Treasury, things would be much worse today.

Do we credit the Fed for no inflation too? ......even though prices on everything have been going up??

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Wrong, presidents present policies that stimulate jobs...... The more government regulation the less jobs produced....

bo's Lucifercare is a job killer and hours killer, could end up being the largest job killer in history.

Hundreds of thousands of workers have already had hours cut back due to lucifercare. 17,000 workers at Universal Studios just had their hours cut because of lucifercare. .

A link supporting your numbers would be a better way to make your point.

Factcheck says that the statement by republicans that ACA would cost 650,000 is a misrepresentation of the CBO's own estimates on the law's affects on employment.

PolitiFact states that the republican claims of job loss are false.

The CBO's own estimates of job loss are relatively minor. Mostly people voluntarily giving up jobs they held only to receive healthcare.

All a president can do is make proposals. Those proposals require the approval of an entirely different branch of the government. Thus a president, is very limited in ability to affect real economic change.

Real economic change comes from the private sector. Any E101 student will tell you the same thing. Credit the private sector with our turn around. An accommodative Fed is the biggest factor in helping the private sector get this done. Note the govt plays a co-starring role. it helps, but the academy award goes to private industry.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread