Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Pennsylvanians Coerced Into Giving Cheek Swab at “Voluntary” Checkpoint

Private firm backed by police to intimidate motorists into submission

Paul Joseph Watson
Infowars.com
December 17, 2013

A supposedly “voluntary” survey checkpoint run by a private firm in Reading, Pennsylvania on behalf of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy caused outrage when residents said they were forced off the road into a car park and coerced into giving cheek swabs as a result of an intimidating police presence.

The Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation was hired by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration to run the checkpoint, during which motorists were quizzed about their driving habits.

Reading resident Ricardo Nieves said that he had to repeatedly refuse to take part in the survey over a 5 minute period before the was allowed to leave. Nieves noted that the presence of city police and a police car with flashing lights was designed to “intimidate motorists” into submission and “gave the checkpoint an air of authority it would not otherwise have had,” according to the Reading Eagle.

http://readingeagle.com/article/20131217/NEWS/312179910&template=mobileart

Nieves told the City Council Monday that the company’s hiring of police officers to help run the checkpoint was “a gross abuse of power on many levels” and that the firm running it refused to divulge why they were demanding to take swabs of people’s cheeks, with Nieves asserting, “Clearly it was for DNA.”

City Police Chief William M. Heim later remarked that the cheek swabs were to test for the presence of prescription drugs, dismissing Nieves’ assertion that the police presence was coercive by claiming, “People are not pressured by police presence to do something they don’t want to.”

“Our rights are being violated more and more every day, it’s another way of government intrusion into our lives,” said Councilman Dennis M. Sterner, complaining that local police were unable to pick up local drug dealers after years of investigations, yet were perfectly happy to pull over motorists on a whim.

“A car driver or passenger cannot be required or pressured into providing a DNA sample and, in fact, can’t be stopped at all except on suspicion of a crime or for a properly conducted sobriety checkpoint,” Mary Catherine Roper, senior staff attorney for the ACLU of Pennsylvania, told the newspaper.

However, this hasn’t stopped police across the country running the supposedly “voluntary” checkpoints at the behest of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which in some cases involve the collection of not just saliva but blood too.

Motorists in Fort Worth who were subjected to the same program also complained that the checkpoint did not seem voluntary at all and that police forced them to pull over. It also emerged that even without consent, police were taking “passive alcohol sensor readings” from drivers.

North Texas Drivers Stopped at Roadblock Asked for Saliva, Blood | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

“The NHTSA defended these non-stops by stating everything was “voluntary” and that law enforcement officers were only on hand for “safety” reasons. But the passive alcohol test wasn’t voluntary. And the officers never bothered to point out stopping was voluntary until after the test subjects had actually stopped,” reports TechDirt.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/2...ints-to-collect-blood-saliva-volunteers.shtml

As we reported back in 2010, motorists who refuse to submit to a breath test at DUI checkpoints now face the prospect of police forcibly jabbing a needle in their arm and extracting blood.

Shocking video footage taken at the Gwinnett County jail in Georgia shows police strapping down citizens accused of drunk driving before using a needle forcibly draw blood as victims scream, “what country is this?”

Video Landing Page - Atlanta News, Weather, Traffic, and Sports | FOX 5

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many in this country are starting to learn to not consent to anything, even if you feel you have nothing to hide. DO NOT consent to car searches, home searches or anything. "The more power you give a government voluntarily, the more they will take forcibly." That's an original quote from packerbacker, not a cut-and-paste from Blaze or Fox. :)

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is a complete violation of a citizens rights! They need reasonable suspicion and a warrant, to invade and violate your person.
These ppl are NOT law enforcement, they are TSA contactors.
If you relinquish your right, that's on you. Some of us, know ours!
Also, on the TSA website, there was nothing in regards to these private contractors doing these things.
Trust me, the are testing the waters.........

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But pat, you have to realize they know better how we should live and act for the betterment of the masses. Thank God ol' Bloomberg told me how dangerous my large sodas were!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well ole packerback, considering THEY put the roof over my head, the car under my butt, and the food in my mouth (NOT),
surely, I should just acquiesce. :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

I knew I couldn't say that without cracking up! They need to hold their breath!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd sell them my Blood for $50.00 , But they won't get my DNA from a swab for less then $5,000

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
1. Take note of the word voluntary.
2. This was already discussed a month or 2 ago. Remember when I said the exact same thing last time or has everyone forgotten already?

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. Take note of the word voluntary.
2. This was already discussed a month or 2 ago. Remember when I said the exact same thing last time or has everyone forgotten already?

People with prostate cancer shouldn't be driving around untreated.

Will you pull over for the finger test also? Voluntarly? 40.00 bucks bra!!!!:dontknow:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
are they in Police Uniform, Impersonating Police Officers.

Actually if Not, & not offering to pay me for my time,
No thanks ! if they insist, I have a cell phone, Call 911
Make sure the police Can't say they were unaware.

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is so surreal & it's not funny or a joke. I can't understand how we as Americans have apparently have no rights at all. Yet foreigners may come in, despite our immigration laws, & get food share, housing, Social Security, medical, - the list goes on. We need to raise up a God fearing individual who honors the precepts of our forefathers & elect that person as president! Or just reboot the system. Middle Ages here we come :(

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The average american citizen is the bad guy now katdancing,we are the terrorists now.

Togreenfeet

Silver Member
Apr 30, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sir or madam what is your probable cause Which is the Constitutional right I have for you to stop me or detain me or search me...... Oh you don't have any PC ? Then bugger off. Listen I think I hear the Gestapo accepting applications........

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless they have a marked police car, like inside one I will not pullover, they could be car jackers.

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
although i've had a chuckle with some of these posts, katdancing, you are very right,sureal, very concerning,and it isnt funny.there must be a line drawn in the sand, but WE are the ones who will have to do it,i dont believe in ANY of these clowns in any facet of gov now to protect us at all! WE'VE BEEN ABANDONED FOLKS!those sworn to protect us ,are now the enemy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread