"Penny" Gave It All Up To Me

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: While dumping at my dump bank the other day, the coin bag filled up. When they opened the machine to change the bag, I saw white in the reject chute. I emptied the reject chute out & finished my dumping. When I got home & looked at the rejected coins, I found there were 20 silver Washington quarters (1-52, 5-63/63D & 14-64/64D). "Penny" was very nice to me for sure.
HH
Gary

Upvote 0

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: While dumping at my dump bank the other day, the coin bag filled up. When they opened the machine to change the bag, I saw white in the reject chute. I emptied the reject chute out & finished my dumping. When I got home & looked at the rejected coins, I found there were 20 silver Washington quarters (1-52, 5-63/63D & 14-64/64D). "Penny" was very nice to me for sure.
HH
Gary

Damn.. I wish her cousins close by would be that generous... nice..

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's awesome. Imagine what the quarter bag had in it!

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love those Tubes that sit at 90degree. the coins never mail it out to the Bin...

ThePt78Gamer

Apr 28, 2014
Maine
Primary Interest:
Other
Half a roll of silver quarters for free. Absolutely incredible. Only silver I've ever found from a reject tray was a 1950 Roosie, and maybe a 68' Canadian can't remember.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one hell of a score, congrats Gary! Your finds never fail to amaze!

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they opened the machine to change the bag, I saw white in the reject chute. I emptied the reject chute out & finished my dumping.

Congrats on the great score!

But could you explain how you accomplished this? You mean while the machine was open and being serviced, you helped yourself to the contents of the reject chute? In all my past dealings with bank dumpings, the employees won't let anyone near the opened machine as the bags are being replaced. In some cases the security guards will stand by during the process. And here you are reaching inside? :confused:

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the great score!

But could you explain how you accomplished this? You mean while the machine was open and being serviced, you helped yourself to the contents of the reject chute? In all my past dealings with bank dumpings, the employees won't let anyone near the opened machine as the bags are being replaced. In some cases the security guards will stand by during the process. And here you are reaching inside? :confused:

This is at a TD bank where the reject chute is accessible even when the machine is closed. When I dump there and fillable bag up a teller just comes over and open the machine right up as I'm standing right next to it. No guards or anyone else around. She usually let's me dump the coins I have left straight into the machine before she puts the counter back in its place. I have yet to find anything good left in the reject tray or chute yet. I have had much better luck at coinstars.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions