Penny Hunt Numbers

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
After finishing my first box of pennies I decided to start keeping count of what I pull so I could post for informational purposes and for my own accounting. Here are the toals for my most recent box:

Pre 82: 400
Wheat: 7
Cabins: 16
Rail Splitters 1
82's: 38

I've also been keeping any pennies that are in pristine condition - Just for the heck of it. Who knows what the future will bring!
I'm both confused and stoked at the difference in my cabins and splitters - I searched for minting totals and here's what I found:

Cabins P: 284.8 million
Cabins D: 350 million
Rail Splitters P: 375.6 million
Rail Splitters D: 364 million
These #'s assume that 2009 Lincoln Formative years cent run completed in June

Here's the interesting thing. For the Agust release of the "Professional Life" series the mintings are:
Pro. P: 64.4 million
Pro. D: 164.4 million

Source: http://www.bucketofcoins.com/?tag=2009-lincoln-penny

Just picked up 2 more boxes, so I'll have some more #'s in a few days!

George

Upvote 0

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
nice to meet you George.....i'm George too ;D.....now that i look at it typed more than once.....our name looks weird :icon_scratch:
gonna have a talk with Dad about that one....hmmm come to think of it his name is George too....maybe his Dad......no his name is George too :icon_scratch:....since i'm on a roll... :read2:..my son's name is George too.....what the hell did i get myself into here?
SEE WHAT YOU STARTED... :sad1:

OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
Hahaha! Well, it is a good name! I'll have to see what my grandfather has to say....Ok, maybe my uncle....Ok, nevermind. All George's!
I rarely meet anyone with the name George, but when I do, it does seem to be a family name - Either way, great to meet you George!

George

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Silversound said:
Hahaha! Well, it is a good name! I'll have to see what my grandfather has to say....Ok, maybe my uncle....Ok, nevermind. All George's!
I rarely meet anyone with the name George, but when I do, it does seem to be a family name - Either way, great to meet you George!

George

On the George thing. I think I remember someone telling me George Forman named all his son's George? :dontknow:

Mojo

OP
OP
Silversound

Silversound

Jul 11, 2009
SoCal
I believe you're right Mojo...May as well just name them 1, 2, 3, 4, etc! Or call them by their middle names as well; George Anthony, George Thomas, George Arthur, etc.

Immy

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously??? :o The mintages will be less than 100 mil for the Pro-P series?? You have to go back to the Wheat years to find mintages than small. Good luck finding them in spare change.

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
It does sound like a modern key date... Ill have to get a hold of those.

And yes George Forman did name all of his sond george and his daughter georgina. He has a house and lived for many years right here in my home town of Marshall TX

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread