PEOPLE ARE LEAVING MORE AND MORE ITEMS AT THE PARK

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
TOUGH ECONOMY ? u wouldnt know it around here. WANNA LECTURE FROM A SEMI OLDSTER.48 YEAR OLD? every time i go to the parks i keep finding more and more usable items just sitting there. not in the garbage. just there it is on a picnic table. or bench or laying on the ground. SPORTING EQUIPMENT.CLOTHING.SUNGLASSES.STILL SEALED FOOD AND DRINKS.MONEY EVEN! I GUESS folks have so much that its too much effort to walk several steps to pick it up.like last week i went out on a blustery day.no one around. i found 3 hardballs around the baseball diamond i was hunting.after a while the park guy shows up.i asak if he wants them.no.but im glad if u pick it up so i dont accidently hit with the lawn mower.so im in good w him now.yea.no we dont have a lost and found.anything u find i appreciate put in trash so i dont have to get off mower.i left the place with

6 hardballs 1 looks like a real nolan ryan auto ball
1 16 in softball
frisbee whamo glow master disc large
2 xl hoodie sweats nfl logo nothing wrong with just wet
3 pair glasses 2 sun 1 ocean pacific-- nice expensive.1pair magnifying
chinese made swiss army style pocket knife.
2 hairclip ponytail holder
totes umbrella
1.23 in coins left on picnic table in pavilion
unopened 6 pack of soda

duh. when i was a kid we sometimes played other things because we had lost all our baseballs. it might be weeks before we found one or were able to buy another. i guess it shows my age.

all this stuff was from one visit to a large complex. yes i did check under the risers and everywhere. there were a lot of leaves blown against the fences and i hoped to find some paper money blown there but no luck.

GREAT IF EVERYONE IS GONNA LEAVE STUFF AROUND I WILL TAKE IT.
WHAT HAVE U FOUND ?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
IPods, cameras and leftover pizza.
Tools, drugs, phones, sleeping people who wake up when I hit them with my coil just to make sure they can wake up.

Looking forward to another wonderful carnie and park season!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Of course cell phones but I found an autographed "Greg Luzinski" cup. He was a player for the Phillies. Who would actually USE an autographed cup????

OP
OP
scrounger d detector collector
Aug 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
cntrydncr1 said:
Of course cell phones but I found an autographed "Greg Luzinski" cup. He was a player for the Phillies. Who would actually USE an autographed cup????
YEAH. thats what im talking about.this nolan ryan baseball.someone either didnt know what it was or didnt care. and just used it for a game. i know the interest in sports isnt quite what it used to be .but still i think nolans sig is worth a few bux. greg was an old 70s player? i think ur cup should be valuable too. i havent found any cell phones yet.

longsocks

Oct 17, 2005
Wisconsin -south of milwaukee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 --- FISHER F - 70 Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh great scrounger.... the guy was setting up for a picnic and had to quick run home to get the ice and you cleaned him out....LOL LOL just joking of course... I also have notice a plethora of items being left behind by lots of people... when you start talking sweatshirts at low end 20 a pop and all the other gear people leave can't imagine what goes thru their minds these days ...

OP
OP
Aug 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
the soda i found was sitting in the garbage can.so i dont think it was wanted.after drinking it all in the last week or so.i can say i found nothing wrong w it. maybe it was old? is there such a thing as fresh soda? tasted fine to me good to the last drop. [BELCH] AHH

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
I am almost an oldie too (40 is just around the corner, arrrrg!) but my parents grew up in the 20's and 30's and nothing was left behind or went to waste around their house...still doesn't. I still can't eat without cleaning my plate LOL. I guess if someone has never had to do without they don't appreciate what they have as much. Oh well their loss is our gain.

HH Charlie

miamidave

Aug 23, 2008
hollywood
Detector(s) used
recon pro
Ive found people that dont work for it dont care if they lose it.
dont care what it cost to replace
and in general if they are too lazy to carry it will just pitch it down
spring break is here and I just LOVE drunk college kids.
HH
David

OP
OP
Aug 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
savant365 said:
I am almost an oldie too (40 is just around the corner, arrrrg!) but my parents grew up in the 20's and 30's and nothing was left behind or went to waste around their house...still doesn't. I still can't eat without cleaning my plate LOL. I guess if someone has never had to do without they don't appreciate what they have as much. Oh well their loss is our gain.

HH Charlie
YES I KNOW. i grew up poor. we always fixed everything. couldnt afford new. as a result i can make most anything out of anything when i need to.which comes in very handy at times. STILL NO LUCK ON TURNING PULLTABS TO GOLD. BUT IM WORKING ON IT. :D

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
How funny! I JUST had this happen to me. Two nights ago went out after work (10 hrs, one break, I was Starving). Finished up my hunt and walking through the pavillion - here's a picnic table with a bunch of left over picnic stuff - used plates, empty bbq sauce etc... two lobster tails and steaks still on the bbq! Nobody anywhere around. Hhmmm. Waited around for about 10 mins., but nobody came back. Had me a nice lobster dinner (they were still in the shell) - figured they were pretty safe, besides the steaks were too well done for my taste!

Have also found sweatshirts, a brand new oversized bathtowel that has become my 'camping' towel, six big packs of brand new styrofoam cups, cell phone (returned to owner), sunglasses, etc.. Yes, it is amazing what people leave behind!

HH- Kilika

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems like when ever I get to the beach I always find something laying around....Matt

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was out MDing on Wednesday. I was hiking cross country to another site. I stopped to take off my jacket so I took my hat and sunglasses off and set them on a log. In the process I saw a turtle in the leaves. I took out my camera and snapped a picture. I put the camera in my pocket, put on my hat and picked up my back pack and headed to the next destination. After walking in the woods for about an hour I realized that I left my sunglasses on the log. I am sure they are still there. I would never be able to locate that log again, there was no trail. If you find them, you can have them. :tard:

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I've found a few things at parks
a matched set of nike warmups
a AYSO official soccer ball
ocean pacific rain coat
a verizon cell phone case for a blackberry
sunglasses that have magnets on the ends to hold them on your prescription glasses
a igloo cooler complete with ham sandwiches and chips, the chips were good and my dog loved the sandwiches

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Me N Boo Boo found us a Pic n nic basket un attended once. There it was all by itself sittin in the middle of a field. Well we took the lonely little feller and drove away. No one around cept a couple joggers followed us out of the park and for a couple miles afterword. Sheesh, freakin health nuts nowadays, go figure ! :tard:

homefires

May 20, 2008
deming n.m.
Detector(s) used
Any thing Available within 50ft
Here you are having a cool family BB-q and a Pile of Riff Raft move in on the next available spot.

These people are so bad you just grab your I need now things and hit the road.

I have found complete dinners on the BB-q Toasted to a crisp.

::)

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Went to a "teaParty" on the 15TH and figured after the festivities I'd MD the area. At the end the speaker says" please pick up everything before you leave". The place was spotless afterward. Darn Conservatives. I sometimes MD a park were a bunch of wannabe hippies/bohemians beat on drums, it looks like they dump the trashcans out on the ground before they go. The only thing they take with um is their hand rolled cog butts.

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose as far as shear numbers of particular items found, it would have to be GOLF BALLS!

I have a collection of about 60 or 70 found golf balls!

They are eveywhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread