Perfect timing

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I found a REAALLLY beat up indian head a few weeks ago I didn't post. I get my first paycheck from my employer today, and silver just dropped below $20 which is where I said I would buy so I'm going to buy a 10oz bar and a 2013ase off Provident today. It's only going to be $225, but next paycheck will be $625+ can't wait stacking that Ag!!! You guys think I should use the first couple checks to boost the bankroll and go save up to go through lots of dimes or stack the Ag since it is so low?

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at Gainesvillecoins.com its better more for your money. I have been stacking big time!!

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I just got a monster box and am going to order 1 more They have the best $$

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I found a REAALLLY beat up indian head a few weeks ago I didn't post. I get my first paycheck from my employer today, and silver just dropped below $20 which is where I said I would buy so I'm going to buy a 10oz bar and a 2013ase off Provident today. It's only going to be $225, but next paycheck will be $625+ can't wait stacking that Ag!!! You guys think I should use the first couple checks to boost the bankroll and go save up to go through lots of dimes or stack the Ag since it is so low?

First build up the bankroll, then buy silver.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Quit my job. My boss said I would get paid yesterday and I didn't. Today he said we weren't getting paid for another 2 weeks and then the past 3 days I was put on work where I made $3/hr. I quit with one of my coworkers. He said "so you guys are quitting? Alright see ya I have no sympathy for you. You're check will be in the mail." I should have told him "no, you said you were going to pay me yesterday now give me my money!" I'm not going to work somewhere for $3/hr. looking for another job. Anyways my check should be $350 after taxes so that will give me something.

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good call on walking. If a company can't afford to pay you, that means they're headed for bankruptcy.

A piece of advice, file a claim against him in small claims court first thing Monday morning. Try to get that suit done ASAP so he has to pay you in full. If it goes to bankruptcy court, you may get nothing more than cents on the dollar.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Good call on walking. If a company can't afford to pay you, that means they're headed for bankruptcy.

A piece of advice, file a claim against him in small claims court first thing Monday morning. Try to get that suit done ASAP so he has to pay you in full. If it goes to bankruptcy court, you may get nothing more than cents on the dollar.

I'm 17 I can't do anything about it. And it's piece work on a farm. They started putting me on really crappy work as well as everyone else. I don't think they are going bankrupt. I'm just not working my butt off to get $3/hr in piece wages.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
All of the 10 fruit picker have been complaining the past 3 or 4 days about how crappy the work has been whenever our supervisor left to run berries down to the market. I said, "well why are we working here anyways? I'm not going to work for $3/hr let's all literally walk down there and quit." One worker agreed with me and walked down with me and quit. I hope the others follow in our footsteps. If we all would have walked down there together and quit or threatened to quit then they would have no fruit being picked which means no income for them and maybe they would have paid us more. It's kind of a shame they SEEMED like nice people.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I know my dad said that if I don't get my check by Friday he'll go down with me, and if they still don't pay me then he'll sue.

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Just thought I would update bigscores. I got 1 of 2 checks. I got my $211.56 for my first 8 days and there should be another one coming for like $100 for those last 4 I worked for $25 a day. Lol

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is there any fast food places in your area? Surely you can find a job that pays atleast minimum wage and doesn't kill you with manual labor in the process!!

OP
OP
Coppercrazy

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Is there any fast food places in your area? Surely you can find a job that pays atleast minimum wage and doesn't kill you with manual labor in the process!!

I'm applying at a restaurant as a bus boy. My friend said he could probably get me in. I'm also applying at Pizza Hut

DaytonaRacer

May 21, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
BH Tracker IV,
Fisher F22,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
bigscores is right - but file with the Dept of Labor in your town/state. It's free to file a complaint there and you & your father can do it without having to pay for any lawyers.

I had to do that back in the 90's when a Jazz label I was working for in NYC starting getting later and later with our paychecks and then stopped altogether. He owed me half a month's pay when I quit and his last words to me were "if you quit you'll never see that money". He then tried to claim that I never worked for him during that last 1/2 month. Got a (former) co-worker to back up my claim and he ended up having to pay me my backpay plus interest.

The best part was that he kept blowing off court/hearing dates with the Dept of Labor to the point where if his son hadn't arrived with the money literally 5 minutes before the final deadline a bench warrant was going to be sent for the owner's arrest. And the check had to be made out to the Dept of Labor and a fresh check from them was then made out to me - that way he couldn't stiff me the money by "accidentally" bouncing or cancelling the check.

It wasn't the largest check ever but it was certainly the sweetest.

Last edited:

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought I would update bigscores. I got 1 of 2 checks. I got my $211.56 for my first 8 days and there should be another one coming for like $100 for those last 4 I worked for $25 a day. Lol

Glad to hear you got paid. Don't ever let people jerk you around when it comes to money you are owed.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the 10 fruit picker have been complaining the past 3 or 4 days about how crappy the work has been whenever our supervisor left to run berries down to the market. I said, "well why are we working here anyways? I'm not going to work for $3/hr let's all literally walk down there and quit." One worker agreed with me and walked down with me and quit. I hope the others follow in our footsteps. If we all would have walked down there together and quit or threatened to quit then they would have no fruit being picked which means no income for them and maybe they would have paid us more. It's kind of a shame they SEEMED like nice people.

This is a perfect example of the "Entitlement" generation....
Do you expect to work for $10.00, $15.00, $20,00 an hour and you have no marketable skills?
Maybe your mother is on to something. The "Entitlement" generation has no work ethic, they would rather sue
then learn what your fore fathers did to support their families.

And before you start with your lines about how "Unfair" it is, I was in your shoes when I was your age in High School. You
work through it, go to college, get the skin and then start your life.

Sorry if it sounds harsh but it was meant to be that way. Go back and pick the berries, learn what a good days
work feels like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread