🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hit my father in laws yard today after putting it off for a few weeks due to a lack of interest. After talking with him again about the age of the place he tells me it was built in the 40's but remodeled 15 years or so ago so it doesn't look anywhere near that old. I decided today was the day, I was having a not so great day, getting unexpected bills, car having to go in for repairs and a honey do list from hell. The wife is off to see the new grandchild and I knocked off a good chunk of the list so I decided to do a little hunting. I'm glad I did, first target was one of the dog tags, next a wheatie and with in 5 minutes I was holding a merc!! It's on now baby, nothing was over 4" deep, most being 2-3" and seldom a trash target humming along nice and quite, hardly any iron signals, it was like shooting fish in a barrel!!! After 3 hours of hunting the main part of the back yard I decided to check a couple of setting on the CTX and I remembered I hadn't did a noise cancel. I check my sens setting and come to find out I was running -3 no wonder it was so quite and nothing was coming up deep. I preceded to crank it up to +3 and did my noise cancel, holy moly it was like scanning a completely different yard. The first hit was a 1949 Uncle Sam 25 play coin, it's the shiny thing next to the buffalo's at 7" and next was a wheat at 6" and plenty of iron and trash talking to me now. I had to quit for the day to animals rounded up and fed, but, I turned his sprinklers on to soak in for a few hours this evening so I can go back tomorrow and redo the yard. The tally was 3 silver dimes, a silver ring, 2 buffs, 2 foreign coins, 3 dog tags and 9 wheats and the usual misc stuff. No doubt this lifted my spirits considerably.

Attachments

• IMG_3661.JPG
    IMG_3661.JPG
    903.1 KB · Views: 139
Upvote 0

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you had a great time. That's what it's all about. And great finds to boot!

HH, Relic Nut

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on those silvers and other finds. :occasion14: Permissions are the way to go IMHO. I always grid a permission and hit it in 2 directions before I move on. Most of the property owners do not have a problem with me doing that and spending 24 to 40 huors on their property. If I am limited in time due to the owner's permission I usually cherry pick.

OP
OP
Dan(NM)

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to grid the yard today with my sens where it should have been in the first place. :laughing7:

jimzz977

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver count Dan you did good, congrats

OP
OP
Dan(NM)