permission

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ummm hi can I have your permission to hunt your property

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Wear nice clothes, shave, use mouthwash and most of all, be polite. None of that Boom Baby stuff...

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually approach them with some sugar coated truth,mamm n sir,mr n mrs them to death,Tell them that id like to detect/hunt on there property,Tell them that i`ll get there permission before taking any recovered objects of value from there property,etc. Also let them know in a round about way that you wont be digging the trenchs of vietnam across there land or leaving gopher holes behind. Just make them feel they can trust you not to vandalize or destroy there property. Private Property permission is a hit n miss kind of thing though,Some ppl could give a frick less if you came in with a two box and a bulldozer,Others will follow you around day and night making sure you dont dig up grand dads lost fortune. I avoid hunting private property as much as possible these days but i have recovered alot of old coins on private lands in the past.

HH and Good Luck,John

K

Kentucky Kache

Just ask them if they'd let you do some metal detecting. Tell them it's just a hobby, and that you won't leave any holes in the ground. Just keep it real...be yourself.

roymonster

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
austin said:
Wear nice clothes, shave, use mouthwash and most of all, be polite. None of that Boom Baby stuff...

Lol

Sent via: iPhone 4gS

roymonster

Aug 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have some business cards printed up with your name what you do, metal detecting & Relic hunting, and even your phone number on it. Maybe even with your picture on this you can afford it. Be professional and look professional. :D Also promise just let any profits that you may find. Good luck!

Sent via: iPhone 4gS

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do a search here, subject has been posted many times.....

Connecticut Sam

Bronze Member
Sep 28, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the best approach for asking permission to gain access to private land and then metal detect? Come on veteran treasure hunters, let's see what you got...
Don't bring a backhoe, and if you find single coins or bury treasures, do not yell: BOOM BABY.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread