Permits in parks in NJ

ckcdecks1

Dec 9, 2007
south jersey
Detector(s) used
titan 3000 xd
Hello all,
I am a newbie to the site and the hobbie. Ive been doing tons of research and I found out that in NJ you need a permit to detect in state or county parks. My question is what do you do, or dont do about this. I havnt even gotten my detector yet, should be here next week. Im going crazy waiting for it, doing hours upon hours of research on the net. Any advise or help would be great im really eager to get started. Im in camden co.
thanks
kurtis

ballbuster

Sep 27, 2006
Kurtis,

For State Parks you can check with the Ranger station at Basto. They should be able to provide the information you need. For Camden county parks try the County complex in Lindenwold.

I'm in the Berlin area and also waiting for a detector.

Jim

OP
OP
ckcdecks1

ckcdecks1

Dec 9, 2007
south jersey
Detector(s) used
titan 3000 xd
hey jim,
i wonder how hard it would be to get, acquire a permit or what kind of hoops you have to jump through. Only one way to find out.
kurtis

copper head

Mar 12, 2008
:thumbsup:Hey Kurtis,
All i can tell you is make sure you know the laws as to were you can hunt.The find you get may be mone than what you find.
Good Luck.Copper Head

JOe L

Aug 24, 2007
Colonie, NY , That's around Albany
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra Pro.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just to add to this, I am a regular in NJ, (fishing), and talked to one of the NJ park attendents and was told, you just have to stop by the office and they give you one on the spot.
I can't testify for all the parks but, it seems like for the state parks, they all should be the same. JOe

stormfighter

Mar 23, 2008
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
DFX
Hey Everyone,I am from Northeast Jersey and have searched the State Reservior parks and called about a few.The reservoir Parks allow you to hunt with a permit,apply at the Ranger station it is free.The only drawback is that it is only on a small section of the park. Mainly on the beaches.Most state parks do not allow detecting but I have not checked them all.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread