Wildwood Beaches

tac512ltd

Aug 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark; Aquavision 2007
Brings back many memories. My family rented a house one block off the boardwalk for about 5 years, when I was, as best I can remember, between 9 and 13 years old. Spent a lot of time under the boardwalk just clowning around. I can only imagine the tons of stuff dropped through the planks of the boardwalk, with all the shops, food stands and arcades up there.

OP
OP
MangoKnees

MangoKnees

Nov 22, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm l l
Good idea Tac,

I never gave under the boardwalk a thought. The weather forcast is for rain and that might be good spot to start.

Thanks
Mango

Delaware_Gopher

Dec 29, 2006
New Castle, Delaware
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V & Matrix M6
MangoKnees said:
Was wondering how TNet'ers do hunting Wildwood beaches.

I work in NJ and I often hit the beaches in the afternoon after work. The beach at Wildwood Crest has never disappointed me. Tons of clad and some jewelery. My best jewelery find at Wildwood Crest is the silver 925 ring shown in my avatar.

Best,
Brian

OP
OP
MangoKnees

MangoKnees

Nov 22, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm l l
Well' I'm all packed up for a 3hr hunt under the boardwalk and on the beach tomorrow. I can't wait. I even packed 2 bags for the goodies , one for under the boardwalk and one for on the beach. I'll take pictures. Here's a link for a beach picture and the entrance to under the boardwalk.

http://www.gwcoc.com/WebSite/webcam.HTML

The weather is suppose to be rotten so I'll see how long I swing.
I'm all excited and appreciated your comments.

Thanks for your best wishes.

Mango

OP
OP
MangoKnees

MangoKnees

Nov 22, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm l l
Welllllll, Hmmmmmmmmmmm, My 1hr hunt yielded 7 pennies under the boardwalk. Was pretty trashy under there too but I'll go back. I felt like any second there was going to be a good find. Budwiser is the beer favorite there. Lots of bottle caps. A junk ring, a couple pull tabs and foil was more of the trash.

I never made it down near the waters edge. It was high tide, pouring rain and windy as heck. I'll have plenty of time for that. The reason for my trip was to make settlement on a condo the wife and I bought. It all went smooth like I anticipate my first water's edge MD hunt.

In any case it was fun and I'm glad for the new hobby.

The seven pennies brings my total finds to $1.13 for about 3hrs.

Till next time

Thanks
MangoKnees

Delaware_Gopher

Dec 29, 2006
New Castle, Delaware
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V & Matrix M6
MangoKnees said:
My 1hr hunt yielded 7 pennies under the boardwalk.

If you are primarily interested in clad then I would suggest the blanket areas. I usually do well in Wildwood Crest. Also, there is a beach just south of Ventnor that I've nicknamed "Quarter Beach". I swear these people throw quarters at each other. I usually average $6/hr in clad here. It's where the boardwalk in Ventnor ends. Also, there is a large volleyball court in Ocean City, NJ near the high school that I do very well with clad and some jewelery.

Best,
Brian

OP
OP
MangoKnees

MangoKnees

Nov 22, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm l l
Hi Brian,

I like finding the clad but i'm also looking forward to finding some goodies. Starting April i'll get to spend lots of hunting time on the beach. I can't stop thinking how much fun it will be to do all the areas I read about on these forums. The blanket area as you say, the wet stuff, and under the boardwalk( on bad days). I get the idea on these boards that I could be content just hunting that beach in wildwood. Those beaches are so big. Thanks for the tip on your Quarter Beach. Keep hunting it. I won't branch out unless I dig too much trash on Cresse Ave.

Thanks

Mango

erik12152003

Nov 5, 2006
cape may nj
Detector(s) used
garrett cx
I live in cape may and own a cleaning company that cleans in wildwood. I tried to md the beach but found only clad. One guy was in the water and he found all the good stuff. well good luck on the mding down here and just might see ya out there some time. Erik Lund

OP
OP
MangoKnees

MangoKnees

Nov 22, 2007
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm l l
I took advantage of a great day and hit the Cresse Ave. beach yesterday with a -.13 low tide at 2PM.
As the new guy on the beach i always have high expectations of finds. I know they will come in time.
I searched the first trough before the sandbar where I though would hold more that .76 cents in clad. The oldest quarter 1974, the oldest dime was 1977 and the oldest penny was a 1964d.

I met 1 md'er who was a great guy he was helpful. Told me md'ers have been scouring the beach and he hasn't had any great amount of finds in the last couple weeks. The other Md'er I saw was swinging like a Banshee and I was afraid to get near him. I waved, he waved back.

Here's a pic of the trough I hunted and my meager finds.

Thanks for looking

MangoKnees

Attachments

• 01-08-08--.13tide.jpg
    01-08-08--.13tide.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 582
  • 01-08-08cresse finds.jpg
    01-08-08cresse finds.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 656

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread