Personal Experience with Kellyco

Slugrusher

Having just closed an online business after 6 years. I can tell you customer service is ###1. It is the best advertising that costs you nothing but a helpful tone and, "yes sir, mr customer, I'll email you a return shipping label, slap it on and I'll exchange that right away." That's really all it takes.

As far as the tracking numbers are concerned. I'm surprised it isn't automated. When we had orders come in. The customer was auto-replied an order confirmation to the email they put in the order page. Then once the monies were accepted/transferred, the shipping label printed, tracking UPS sent, yes it generally took place within hours or even minutes in most cases.

That being said someone had mentioned spam, junk or trash folder. That happened ALL THE TIME. I'd walk the folks through finding the missing email, and the process of adding us to their accepted email bin.

Another phenomenon is JIT (Just In Time) ordering. It's a Japanese concept that means you keep minimum stock on hand for most items. That way your overhead is kept to a level that is acceptable. Problem with that is, retailers generally lose. It was developed for manufacturing plants in the late 80's. Retailers always run into the Back-Order and subsequent email barrage.

The best bet is call ahead, confirm the item is IN stock and when the order will ship.

As for Kellyco. I have never ordered anything from them. And I plan on ordering the AT Pro from them. It will be my first MD. I went online to email them a question regarding the order process. Turns they have a Java Chat. This was around 5:30 this evening after their hours according to the site. Well I started up the chat window and JW answered up and answered my questions.

I think that is a point for score for Kellyco team. I will be pre-ordering from them a few items, though I hope they will just keep the cheap gifts that are added in.

capt1989

Jan 16, 2009
Arkansas, by way of Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Teknetics Gamma 6000, DetectorPro PiratePro, Fisher F-75 LTD2, Berkut-5 (a russian detector) and a good ole original Garrett Propointer that is still going strong.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My first experience last year with Kellyco was very positive. Called, talked to, and ordered from Wanda. Got the detector (a Pioneer 505) sooner than expected and am still enjoying it. I called on Saturday,the 16th, and talked to Raul and ordered a Tek. Delta 4000. After more research I called first thing Monday morning, today, at exactly 0800, and Wanda answered the phone. Told her I wanted to change my order. She checked and said it was already packed and ready to be shipped. Said she would see what she could do and would call me back but it would probably ship out and then I could refuse it, and when they got it back we could go from there. Couple hours later my phone rings. She tracked down the package and stopped it from shipping out, and had the new order ready to go, just needed my information. The Gamma 6000 is being shipped out today. Now whether she did it herself or had assistance, the point is that I feel that they went above and beyond on a very early Monday morning to fix a problem caused and created by an indecisive customer. I supposed everybody/company has it's bad days sometimes, but for me personally, I am a customer for life.

Thanks Wanda. You Rock Girl! :headbang:

john

W6PEA

Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, Mexifornia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign Gt, Minelab SD2200v2, Minelab ExlporerSE Pro 2
Several years ago before I bought my Sovereign GT. I called Kellyco. At about 9 AM PST (my local time) I was talking to the salesperson. I guess I asked, one too many questions for him. He said look I don't have time to answer questions, either buy it now or call someone else. :icon_scratch: :o :angry9: :angry4: :angry5: I told him thank you, & hung up. :BangHead:

I had several appointments that I had to take care of that day so I didn't get back to calling anyone until late that same afternoon.
Then I called the local dealer that I now deal with here locally it was late Friday afternoon, after 5pm local time, who I didn't know from Adam at the time. He said that he wasn't planning to be open the next day but he would meet me at his store and be open. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: I drove there bought my Sovereign GT.

He was going out the next day metal detecting in the morning at a local beach I met him there and spent about 5 hours with him teaching me how to use my detector.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
W6PEA said:
Several years ago before I bought my Sovereign GT. I called Kellyco. At about 9 AM PST (my local time) I was talking to the salesperson. I guess I asked, one too many questions for him. He said look I don't have time to answer questions, either buy it now or call someone else. :icon_scratch: :o :angry9: :angry4: :angry5: I told him thank you, & hung up. :BangHead:

I had several appointments that I had to take care of that day so I didn't get back to calling anyone until late that same afternoon.
Then I called the local dealer that I now deal with here locally it was late Friday afternoon, after 5pm local time, who I didn't know from Adam at the time. He said that he wasn't planning to be open the next day but he would meet me at his store and be open. :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: I drove there bought my Sovereign GT.

He was going out the next day metal detecting in the morning at a local beach I met him there and spent about 5 hours with him teaching me how to use my detector.
This post is a perfect example of why I generally deal with my local dealer. It's a small one man shop but the customer service is above & beyond. It's all about choices and it seems like some of you want it both ways. You can have personal service & sit & have coffee while you decide what to buy but you might pay slightly more for it or you can have the cheap prices offered by the discount warehouses. Just don't expect the same service. They simply don't often have the time or the people required to do that. One experience I had that gave me that "feel good" feeling recently was with Garrett. I have a 10 year old GtaX 1250 I bought used and the "ears" on the battery holders broke. Been getting it to work anyway but decided it was time to buy replacements. So I called Garrett customer service and asked how to go about ordering new holders. They asked me for my address and shipped out 2 new ones and I had them in 3 days. NO charge. For a 10 year old machine I bought used. :hello2:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NHBandit said:
W6PEA said:

This post is a perfect example of why I generally deal with my local dealer. It's a small one man shop but the customer service is above & beyond. It's all about choices and it seems like some of you want it both ways. You can have personal service & sit & have coffee while you decide what to buy but you might pay slightly more for it or you can have the cheap prices offered by the discount warehouses. Just don't expect the same service. They simply don't often have the time or the people required to do that. One experience I had that gave me that "feel good" feeling recently was with Garrett. I have a 10 year old GtaX 1250 I bought used and the "ears" on the battery holders broke. Been getting it to work anyway but decided it was time to buy replacements. So I called Garrett customer service and asked how to go about ordering new holders. They asked me for my address and shipped out 2 new ones and I had them in 3 days. NO charge. For a 10 year old machine I bought used. :hello2:

I bet that sales rep no longer works there......I have been to Kellyco store a couple dozen times over the last 4 years, called them at least that many times as well, I never had a single problem either calling them or walking in........

Even a sales rep has an occasional bad day, and there are bad sales people, the first one can be occasionally over looked, the second usually don't last long..........

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone asked me what happened in the long run.
Never did hear from Kellyco.
Kinda weird huh?

Get this though,
I just bought a brand new Minelab Coil direct from Kellyco.
I was having issues with my machine and had tried to fix it figuring the
coil was the final issue. I sent in my machine to Minelab without the new coil I purchased because it was still freaking out. They bench tested the machine and sent it back saying it was fine. Then I sent the machine back in with my new coil because I was concerned they never tested it with a coil. I figured the new coil would eliminate any issues with the coil. Turns out that there was a small issue with my machine, but suprisingly, the new coil turned out to be defective! I was blown away, but I guess it happens (or, now I know it can happen). I never contacted Kellyco about it because Minelab told me to send them a copy of the receipt and they would just send me a new one with my repaired unit.
Funny how things go full circle!
This isn't really KCo's fault, but I was still impressed with the service I got from Minelab.
They didn't even charge me because they said they should have caught it the first time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread