Phelpers CRH Log

A

Ag_Forager

Searched six boxes of halves from April 26 - May 4th. A lot of skunks, but also had my best box ever! Pictures below.

Box 1: Skunk
Box 2: 5-90% (all 1964), 6-40%, guitar pick
Box 3: Skunk
Box 4: Skunk
Box 5: Skunk
Box 6: 1-40%

DSCN1457.JPG

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the one box made it all worth your efforts. Sweet box!

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

Searched eight boxes on May 18th. My six boxes of halves were rough, but dimes made up for it!

Halves Box 1: 1964, 1969-D
Halves Boxes 2-6: *SKUNK*
Box Dimes: 1948, 1961, 1964
Box Quarters: *SKUNK*

Also found one of those "collectible" gold plated halves. Check out pics...

DSCN1466.JPG DSCN1464.JPG

Cougar729

Apr 8, 2013
Missouri
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some good looking halves, the dimes aren't bad either, the 64 roosevelt looks really nice, good work!

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

Searched two boxes of halves today, packed May 02, 2013. Both SKUNKS.

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

Three Loomis boxes of halves, packed 2-16 May 13. All three were SKUNKS.

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

Finally broke my 10-box skunk streak for halves. A single Loomis box (packed 2 May) yielded three 40% and two proofs (1971-S and 2001-S). I also reached a small milestone-- completed my 1st roll of 40%!!

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

Searched one Loomis box (packed 2 May) and $210 in MWR. When I saw a reverse ender in the $210, I got excited... ended up being a '68 and that was unfortunately all it gave up :( The box also yielded a single 40%. I was happy with that considering all the skunkage lately.

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

Loomis box of halves (packed 2 May). Yielded a single 40%... a '69.

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

Loomis box of halves (packed 23 May): SKUNK
$350 in MWR from another bank: SKUNK
$1.50 in loose halves from McDonalds: SKUNK

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

Searched four Loomis boxes of halves. Very happy with pulling four 1964s-- I wish I could average a 90% in every box! Also got a nice 1974 Hong Kong dollar coin... not worth much, but still fun to pull. Pics below!

Box 1: SKUNK
Box 2: 2-90%
Box 3: 2-90%, 1974 Hong Kong Dollar
Box 4: SKUNK

DSCN1498.JPG DSCN1499.JPG DSCN1500.JPG

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

Loomis box of halves (packed May 2013). SKUNK.

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

Loomis box of halves (packed Jun 2013). 1-40% (68D)!

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

7/17/13: Teller tray score!! Picked up about $15 in loose halves and scored a shiny '64 and a very ugly '65 (my first!). Later that day I opened about $1800 in MWR... got my first Ben (see separate post "Reverse Bender"), a '58! The rolls also yielded a '67 and '68. See pic below.

DSCN1541.JPG

Also of note, one of the boxes had $37 in near uncirculated NIFCs. I was thinking about posting on Craigslist, but ended up just dumping 'em.

DSCN1542.JPG

Last edited:

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those post-2001 halves seem to sell alright on eBay; especially if you can put together a run of them and sell them as a lot. Certainly not a huge profit but you should be able to double your face value after fees and shipping, or at least come close. I've been hanging on to the ones I find, at least for a while.

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are you finding the "packed" date on the Loomis boxes? I get Loomis too, but I've never seen a date. Maybe I'm ripping them open too fast to notice.

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I get cent boxes it is on the bottom of the box. I don't know if it is the same for other denominations of coin.

Last edited:

jamesandsons

May 14, 2013
WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked a Loomis cent box that's been sitting in my front closet, and there's no date. I'm sure I'd have seen it by now if they were dated on the bottom. Maybe Loomis doesn't date their boxes in this region.

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just checked a Loomis cent box that's been sitting in my front closet, and there's no date. I'm sure I'd have seen it by now if they were dated on the bottom. Maybe Loomis doesn't date their boxes in this region.

I guess it does depend on the region. I never really thought about it. I figured they were all marked on the bottom. All the boxes I get are dated on the bottom, but I have never gotten boxes from a different place either. Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
A

Ag_Forager

Where are you finding the "packed" date on the Loomis boxes? I get Loomis too, but I've never seen a date. Maybe I'm ripping them open too fast to notice.

Mine are stamped with a pack date, center number and teller number. The stamp can be on the top or bottom. I'll try to to remember to take a pic next time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread