Phoenix fed office tours

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone should take a tour of the Phoenix office to view the cash processing and ask if they have set up any coin depots in the area. Here is the info:

• Sixty-minute tours are offered Monday through Thursday at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m., by reservation only.
• The tour includes a video and a view of the Fed’s Arizona cash processing operation.
• Personal Finance Workshops are available for high school groups of at least 15 attendees.
• For more information call (213) 683-2900.

This link provides the above information as well as tour info for the largest geographical Fed branch.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
I would recommend everyone to schedule a tour of their local Fed. Branch. You must schedule in advance. When I took the tour of the Jacksonville branch (Atlanta District), it took about 3 weeks for the background check. You will gain a tremendous insight in the processing of our cash and coin.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I didn't even know you could do that. I'd love to tour a branch of the Fed, regardless of insight to CRHing.

Thanks for the info!

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't even know you could do that. I'd love to tour a branch of the Fed, regardless of insight to CRHing.

Thanks for the info!

Firstly thank you for your interest in the Federal Reserve System,i would suggest you schedule a tour/visit 3-4 weeks in advance as a backround check is preformed.

hotrod

Bronze Member
May 12, 2012
AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i went on a tour to the cleveland ohio fed
and got this brick of paper.....
:occasion14: 1.jpg

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This applies to CRH how?

If one must follow the rules then all must follow the rules.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what was your avatar? Halloween a few years ago and you went as TIN man?
you missed that other shoulder man!!!!

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sag/Fist, you guys need to watch TV instead of looking at cash and coins you'll never get to hold :laughing7:

That is KRAMER, or Cosmo from Seinfeld dressed in Joesph's technicolor Dream Coat :headbang: sheesh :laughing7:

OP
OP
Senor

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This applies to CRH how?

If one must follow the rules then all must follow the rules.

Many CRHers have speculated that the Phoenix area coin processors cull silver, (here) and (here).

Since I haven't been able to find out online if the Fed has a third-party coin depot in Phoenix possible info may be gathered from the tour that could be useful to Phoenix CRHers. Such as:

Does the Phoenix fed branch cull silver with its "state of the art" cash processing machines?
Do they outsource to coin depots in the area?
What is the process for rotating coin stock for armored carrier pickup?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread