Phone call makes for a nice day!

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone who I passed a card out to about a month ago call me today and wanted me to come look at some stuff most which was mostly junk. But 15 minutes before I get ready to leave he pulls out a jewelry box. So I spent $500 total. I didn't take my diamond tester with me but I have my gold kit figure that's all I needed. There was a couple grams of scrap silver and this bracelet.

image-3126444951.jpg

This is the 14k. The bracelet is scrap but the dolphin ring in the other one should do well. ones QVC signed and the Dolphins just seem to do all right.

image-3605430868.jpg

14.5 gr tw.

Next is the 10 K jewelry there was a another ring but my wife claimed it so that will get sold maybe one day when I find something to trade with her. The total weight for the 10k is 19 g.

image-2389952824.jpg

A sterling goldplated heart bracelet not really worth that much but I thought I'd add the picture.

image-3479699919.jpg

And then the sleeper that I was not expecting I figured it was cubic zirconia as well and this piece should take care of most of what I paid for everything. But it is one carat total weight princess cut diamond ring. It's Marked 14k. but it was so dirty the diamonds I figured they were fake!

image-1376041540.jpg

I'm hoping I'm wrong on my measurements I hope it's a one and a half ct. but I'll find out tomorrow!

So I have two more houses to go to tomorrow one in the morning and one at 1:30 in the afternoon. This is fun!!

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You go to peoples houses?

I actually advertise that I sell for people online. As consignment. But once in a while when I go to their house they just want to sell their stuff right there on the spot so i'll buy it. A Tonna stuff I look at is junk. And once in a while or something like tonight. But most places or people it happens right at the yard sale I give them a card and they invite me in the house right there.

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
You did great and the last ring looks like a goodie. I also got to peoples houses and have never had a problem. One time I thought I was a gonner, listed an ad that I buy albums, guy said he on the border of Elizabeth NJ. Got there and it was in the depths of Newark, met him in front of his building and we go in, the smell of weed all over and folks hanging in hallways. All I could think of is a knife in my rib cage is coming soon but I held my ground. Then we walk in his apt and low and behold no one else in there waiting to stab me. One of my scariest moments and would walk back to my car and run the next time as I wont press my luck. If anyone knows Newark this is the Weequahic area. Got some killer blues albums and we actually hung out for 30 min talking.

OP
OP
B

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two I'm going to tomorrow the first guy has fishing Lewers and fishing poles. Which I live by the ocean so that's always easy to flip and the second guy has camera equipment which I don't know anything about. So luckily for me eBay completed listings can tell me everything I need to know about it at least as far as resell value which is all I care about.

The third house should I guy have time to do it because his son has a disability and he has to take care of him but he has a whole bunch of random antiques collectibles stuff. Ive been going through it and I've been buying from him for probably two years now. Sometimes when I go it is garbage and another times it is awesome. He inherited everything from his mom his dad and his two brothers and sister. Everything is in his house and boxes and he has no idea what any of that stuff is worth. So I had to go over there and sort through it I've helped them have 4 yard sales which she's made probably $300 per yard sale. I've consigned stuff for him. I've bought stuff from them. One time he pulled out 150 ounces of silver bars. Another time was a huge 14 karat gold bracelet. And this came from his house and I'm from there so I Bought it.

image-1561767191.jpg

It's interesting to say the least and we've thrown a Tonna stuff away to but he is nowhere near being done with that house. I could go over there every other week spend about six hours and probably not get through that house in a year. His dad collected Franklin mint. His mom collected pottery. His one brother collected coins and silver. Jewelry was his sisters. And the other brother collected stuff! And it's all stuffed in this five bedroom house with a three car garage packed to the roof with the stuff.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread