Photography and astronomy equipment

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of older photography equipment is junk, but I happened upon a good deal at a garage sale this past weekend. I bought a box of photography equipment that had an old Pentax lightmeter, filters, telescope eyepieces, etc. Guy wanted $30, and it was like pulling teeth to get him down to $25 for the box. So far I have sold the lightmeter for $150 and a telescope eyepiece for $25, both BIN's. :)

Close to Mint Pentax Spotmeter V Analog Spot Meter with Strap and Case | eBay
Celestron 12mm Ortho 96 034 Telescope Eyepiece | eBay

Old SLR bodies are usually worthless, but always take extra time to look if you spot lenses, flashes and other gear like that. Also good because most garage salers pass right by this stuff.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up a beautiful Yashica TLR at a yard sale for $20 a few years back and got over $200 for it. It was like mint condition and so was the case. I focus on the vintage cameras found in better then average to excellent shape and if price is right I'll risk it. Last week I got this Zeiss Ikon 6X9 cm for $9.00 in very good condition at the thrift store. I think I could easily get $40 from a collector out of it. Some good tips, Thanks!

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I picked up a nice SX-70 Sonar a couple days ago for pennies on the dollar.

DSC08015.jpg

OldSowBreath

Mar 18, 2009
I love the SX-70s and have made good money off of them. I'm stunned about the light-meters. I always passed them by thinking they were worthless.

OP
OP
M

meanpc

Jun 11, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The good thing about photo equipment is that they are almost never asking much money for it at garage sales, so it's hard to make a big mistake and easy to make a big score.

Thanks for the info on the sx-70

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the SX-70s and have made good money off of them. I'm stunned about the light-meters. I always passed them by thinking they were worthless.
I think 99 out of 100 of them are, at least any I ever came across were. I could have purchased an entire old school film developing set up (blackroom) this past weekend but I don't really have the space for something I don't know much about. I'll stick to what I know for now. I can't buy everything just because it's cheap. Unfortunately. (I have to keep telling myself that, lol) :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread