Pick up first box of halves tomarrow

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
So tomarrow I pick up my first box- wish ME luck. Be interesting to see what can be had in my area. Some of yous seem to do decent to EXCELLENT haha, I know the excellent is not the norm but maybe a lil beginners luck will strike. :P

Thinking about the banks needing a certain quantity to cash in and an aging demographic in more depressed economies. I am due my vacation end of August or first half of September, where I go in the mountains is close to two towns that theoretically should be textbook sites to try. 8)
Is it tomarrow yet? LOL Mark

Upvote 0

fiatboy

Bronze Member
Jan 28, 2007
Best of luck tomorrow. Don't let a skunk get you down. I get 'em all the time. They stink, but when you find silver, and then more silver, and then even more silver---ahhhahahhaha!!! It's more than worth it!

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
What a trip that was. Now I know why they told me any time before 3:00, that is the cutoff time for deposits, bank clears out and the tellers start counting up for the day. I was running late and got there just a hair after 3. I got the new girl and she didn't know nothin- was really funny. She called the vault and I heard her ask if they wanted her to send me down LOL. Finally she took the $$$ and grabbed the cart and headed to the basement. While she was gone I got to chat with the other ladies- I told them I liked coming at 3, was comical and I was the only customer in the place. I also got the direct # to the vault sos I can order over the phone and just have to find parking for pickup at 3 oclock of course LOL. O and when my teller got back with the heavy package she said "What are you going to do with all them?" I told her I was gonna spend em LOL.

As far as the finds go I don't rate SOB status by any means but I ain't complainin. I got (2) 64's, (2) 65's, (1) 68, (1) 69, and (1) silver 76. Hopefully beginners luck didn't help out and this is just par haha.

I openned the box and looked at the ends on the top row- nothing showing so proceded to unroll. 5th roll had a nice silver streak (my first silver coin from CRH) then nothing from the first half. I was beginning to think someone put that in on purpose just messin with me haha. Got to the bottom layer and searched the ends again- had the other 64 showing (saved that roll for last), got all the 40%ers in between the 64's. Seriousely concidering ordering another box tomarrow but I need to unload some coin first and my real job takes up most of ME days. There's a bank around called TCF that is open late and weekends- was thinking of openning an account there to dump at. I looked them up online and someone wrote a review that their customer service really sucks.

Anyways wanted to say I dodged the skunk. HH all, Mark

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
I still have to go over the post on what to pull out- was just looking for silver last night and I believe there is a 1970 still in there too (was only looking for 60's). Wondered why there were so many 71's and no 70's. Aw well newbie mistake and the coins are still here sos nothing lost yet.

It was a fun evening- wish I had a box for every night. Am considering calling the vault today and ordering another box- I will need to turn in some other coin so my budget doesn't get stretched too thin.

Thanks for the congrats- I am very pleased. Can't wait for ME vacation sos I can check out them small town banks. HH all, Mark

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Well I went and ordered another box (be there Friday), looks like I may have to pay for some things with reject halves haha. Is it Friday yet? Think I'll tell the teller I stayed up all night throwin them halves in a wishin well and it said ifn I throw in another 500 I'll get ME wish haha. Pics coming. Mark

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Pics as promised

First Pic is my first CRH Silver find.
DSCN0832_edited.jpg

Next is the silver haul from my first CRH box. (2) 64's top row, bottom row Silver Bicentenial, (1) 69, (1) 68, (2) 65's.
DSCN0831_edited.jpg

Bonus Pic- 64 peekin out the roll.
DSCN0824_edited.jpg

HH all, Mark
BTW I went back through the box lookin for the '70 but I must have been mistaken.

OP
OP
Silver Stripe

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Now the dilema begins- need dump bank

Since buying the second box was straining ME budget I stopped by the CU to run some other coin through the counter sos I would have some toilet paper to spend. Had $60 in dimes and threw in some halves to top off the container. Well it turns out their counter doesn't do halfs- the teller took the $16 worth from me no problem but I don't know about $500-1000 haha. Sure hope I don't have to roll all them back up- the brinks wrappers couldn't be saved unless I wrapped tape around them first. HH all, Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions