Picked at a Garage Sale Yesterday - Old Bottles

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked these up at a garage sale yesterday for $2.00. Ten old bottles in a falling apart cardboard box.

MVC-003F.JPG MVC-002F.JPG MVC-001F.JPG

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like pretty common household bottles, maybe a tonic or liquor bottle thrown in too. The hobnail looks like an eapg cologne bottle minus the stopper. You can take a 50/50 solution of vinegar and rubbing alcohol and fill them up, let them soak overnight and it will clean up the insides of them. That's what I use.

OP
OP
J

JohnnyFlake

Sep 26, 2013
Henderson, Nevada
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21 - 8" Coil - Tesoro Outlaw - 5", 8" & 10" Coils - Bounty Hunter Tracker IV with 8" Coil, Garrett Pro Pointer & Garmin Oregon 450 GPS.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look like pretty common household bottles, maybe a tonic or liquor bottle thrown in too. The hobnail looks like an eapg cologne bottle minus the stopper. You can take a 50/50 solution of vinegar and rubbing alcohol and fill them up, let them soak overnight and it will clean up the insides of them. That's what I use.

Thanks for the advice. I will try out your suggestion. What about the outside, just soap and water?

Justice70

Oct 18, 2008
michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Whites Prizm iv
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great score on some nice bottles. I believe they stopped using manganese in glass around 1920 or so? That is the reason a couple of your bottles have a purplish hue.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread