Picked this up the other day. Need help Identifying it.

Love It Twice 2009

Apr 23, 2011
The glass city, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently borrowing a Tesoro Cortes

Attachments

• pic 1.jpg
    pic 1.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 426

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too vague of a description and vague picture. We need more angles and to know the size and material. Also, I suggest posting this in the "What is it" section. More people cruise that area than here.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Turtle is correct with the Jeanette Glass Co. but it's the "Late Sunflower" pattern. The color is known as iridescent marigold and it was produced in the 1960's. It is a piece of contemporary "carnival" glass, the iridescence gives it the "rainbow" effect. I know Carnival purists scoff at the "new" stuff but I like it. Book prices listed are too high though ($50-70 for the pitcher and $20-30 for the tumblers) and the market reflects this with slow and/or lower priced sales. Probably because the availability is still pretty high and the economy is still pretty bad. Nice find for resale as long as you got the set for $10 or less or you plan on keeping them for yourself.

OP
OP
Love It Twice 2009

Love It Twice 2009

Apr 23, 2011
The glass city, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Currently borrowing a Tesoro Cortes
Awesome. I knew you guys would come through ;D I picked up the pitcher and six tumblers for $7.00. I can say that my eye is improving every time I go out to the sales, and I appreciate all the help!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread