Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
allen said:
Im glad my post gave someone a laugh,
but im serious about going to the bank
and getting the pennies for .50 a roll.
Are these not available to everyone??

No they are not. I managed to score a few but no sooner than they arrived they have dried up.

I have searched high and low for the last 4 weeks and have come up empty handed.

When I say I searched I mean i dedicated several hours a day. and I have to be very aggressive when inquiring about them because there is no way to actually order them they just show up. and some of the banks where I did find them they did not even know they had them till I insisted on them looking through their stacks. the ones that knew they got them rationed them. If I was lucky enough to find a branch with multiple boxes I had to beg for them and in another instance I had to go to another bank and purchase boxes of penny's to exchange for the boxes of new pennies so I did not interfear with their retail orders.......

Dude I hustled my Ass off........

You could say there hard to find. I have yet to find any rail splitters yet....... "YET". But with my determination they will be found.

Good luck on your search though.....

Mojo

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
allen said:
If my post made someone mad,
sorry about it.
I just cant pay more for a common coin
that what it is worth.
Good luck to everyone !!

Not offended. I would not pay more than face either. But I can't controll what other people do........ But I can capitalize on it........

Most of us here are searching for coins at face. Thats what we do here. But there is some serious cash to be made on those new penny's......

Don't you think it would be nice to make a tidy profit from all our efforts here.

Mojo

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
allen said:
If my post made someone mad,
sorry about it.
I just cant pay more for a common coin
that what it is worth.
Good luck to everyone !!

Yeah I doubt you offended anyone, but it just is kind of funny (to me, and I speak for only myself) that you are saying you can walk into any bank and get these when that is very far from the truth. That is why the 2009 coins are selling for such a monstrous premium right now. Plus, even if you were lucky enough to be in an area where your local bank DID have new 2009s and you had purchased them at face value, that would still be very very funny to me, because that would mean you passed on a golden opportunity at making some serious, easy money.

Don't take this post or my previous question mark post personally, it wasn't meant to be like that. Mojo is right on target as to the difficulty to obtain these coins.

Digginnit

Apr 26, 2008
Buying cheap and selling for a profit is American capitalism at its best. Way to go on your profit! But the Lord must be looking after the buyers of these boxes because sure as anything P.T. Barnum is rolling in his casket and laughing his a** off.

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i went in to my dump bank this morning to dumb 8K in halves and one of the tellers asked me if i was still looking for the new pennies. i calmly answered yes and she asked me how many i wanted. i told her that i would take all she would sell me, and she said she had 4 boxes. i bought them all and just have placed them on feebay. i sold the other 4 boxes for

box 1--152.49
box2---138.50
box3---147.00
box4---134.00
total----571.99---not bad for a 100.00 investment

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
Man thats great. If she only knew.

And I like the "P.T. Barnum is rolling in his casket and laughing his a** off." comment.

So true.

Mojo

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
it amazes me too. had a friend of mine tell me today that the prices for the boxes were probably going to go up. he tried to get me to hold onto a few boxes and list them later, but if i can get 4-5X's face i am happy with that.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
silvercop said:
it amazes me too. had a friend of mine tell me today that the prices for the boxes were probably going to go up. he tried to get me to hold onto a few boxes and list them later, but if i can get 4-5X's face i am happy with that.

The range I was getting for D mint log cabins was 135-160 4 weeks ago and now I'm seeing them get in the 180's range now?

Mojo

Roadquest

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2005
C.R. HKt.B Sometimes there's not a right way, or
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
allen said:
Im glad my post gave someone a laugh,
but im serious about going to the bank
and getting the pennies for .50 a roll.
Are these not available to everyone??
But i'll say its good that people can
make a profit off of a new coin :thumbsup:

Your post made ''cents'' to me. I think everyone knew
what you were saying. And, I agree with you.
But, If it's worded right. You can sell anything on Ebay.
mmm is worded a word :read2:

Silvercop, If the people you are selling the coins to are happy.
Keep selling, Free interprise, ant it great.

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
The log cabins just made it up this way. Scored a few rolls today from the local supermarket. I'm gonna order a bunch of boxes Monday and see if I can get lucky. I bet we don't see the lp2 coins for months here... :-\

Maine_Jim

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I have never bought a box of pennies, so I don't know what volume of the new Lincolns we have here. But I am seeing lots and lots of the new pennies when I get change from the grocery store, gas station, etc. (Lincoln sitting on the log reading a book).

Hard to believe people are paying a premium for these things, since eventually they are gonna be all over the place.

Jim

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
well i have just completed my auctions. all together 8 boxes sold for 1,135.00. i am going to order 20 boxes of pennies from my supply bank tomorrow in the hopes i will get lucky thursday, if not i guess my ryedale will bet a good workout. man i can't believe the return i got on 200.00. if only i worked at brinks ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions