epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Contacted a guy I used to buy stuff from years ago on eBay, turned out he had some stuff I needed and a trader or two I could use. The SCA flask is now the 5th different quart variant from A.L. Schwarz, the Boyle 'crutch' is dated on the base 1917, it brings me one date closer to having the entire run. The 1/2 gallon jug is one I will look to trade and the Swinley quart sarsaparilla has a cobalt script glaze 'S' on each shoulder, it need a base chip repaired, but it's a tough bottle to find.

I also got a super rare postcard, a 1920 Paterson City Directory and a one of a kind photo for John Oakley's Saloon. As you can see it has signage for C. Braun's Lager Beer on the two sides facing the street, it also has a Graham's & Co. Passaic Spring Brewery reverse on glass painted sign in the window. Getting that was like finding a gold nugget on the ground, an amazing piece of history...

Attachments

• 4294967287.JPG
    4294967287.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 89
  • 4294967287a (2).jpg
    4294967287a (2).jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Scan0091ab.jpg
    Scan0091ab.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 94
  • Scan0091.jpg
    Scan0091.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 91

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All are great finds Jim

Havillah

May 22, 2005
San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Money Hunter TR;
Garrett GTP-1350;
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Where are you looking and finding? I mean: You don't have to give me YOUR location, but what kind of places do you look for? And, what kind of value do they have, other than historical/collectible?

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Where are you looking and finding? I mean: You don't have to give me YOUR location, but what kind of places do you look for? And, what kind of value do they have, other than historical/collectible?

Bottles in general fetch a decent dollar, even the commons...when you get the rare ones like the archdeacon, you could be looking at hundreds even thousands of dollars...

Goldenplug

Jul 30, 2014
Upstate, ny
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 8.5 x 11 dd coil, teknetics t2, sniper coil, dd coild, lesche digger, gator tool, garrett propointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bottles epackage, especially love that jug!

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Jim, Idlewild was is in West Paterson...errr Woodland Park off of McBride..But where?
It is the property that Kearfott is on now from Lackawanna Ave. down to the Peckman, which is a small stream that runs into the Passaic River as seen here. This was actually part of Little Falls at the time, I live right up the street....

Untitledip.jpg

Here is a scene along the Peckman at the far right side of the property....

zzzz.jpg

Souvenir card from the park...

IdlewildPark.jpg

From what is now the Lackawanna Ave. bridge looking toward the Peckman....

idlew.jpg

Attachments

• Untitledip.jpg
    Untitledip.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
Killer finds Jim. I like the Flask. You need to try and track down those places in the photos.
Sadly the Oakley Saloon is gone, there's a school administration building there now....

OP
OP
epackage

epackage

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hewitt N.J.
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle
Primary Interest:
Other
A bad heart and knees means I 'dig' most of my bottles online, garage sales, flea markets and at auction. I add my email address to 99% of my bottle pics so I get emails weekly from people who find Paterson NJ bottles and do Google searches. Everyone in the hobby knows the crazy Paterson guy, even my enemies get in touch with me when they find Paterson bottles... lol

As for value there are a ton of $5-15 bottles because there aren't many collectors of Paterson bottles, I hope to change that. However the Archdeacon can bring $1500 + or -, there are a couple of other bottles that would bring $2-3000, and there are a decent number of $50-300 bottles out there....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions