Picked up a new Detector today...

Junkironkid

Mar 23, 2012
MS
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your new detector. The White's XLT Spectrum is a good rig.

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No MXT then ? Never mind the XLT has been a best seller for years because it works. The inbuilt programmes are rather mild so the first move after getting use to it is to up the sensitivities and/or Pre-Amp. Do set the target tone to suit your hearing it can make a real difference.

Only real drawback is its not happy on wet salt beaches, fine on the dry though. The stock concentric coil does target mask out good targets if there's bad alongside. There is an adjustment to help with this though....in fact there's an adjustment for just about everything but you only have to use them when your ready.

When people tell you to sweep slow, point out its a four filter design. Fast (but not rocket fast....experiment) means better depth and target I.D. and you will cover much more ground in a day helping you to make more finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread