Picking Up a Dime Bag in an hour! 10,000 Dimes! Any guesses on how many silver?

b_kauz

Jan 3, 2011
Well a while back my dump bank teller said that she would be more than happy to sale me the bags off the machines that way they didn't have to send them off as long as I didn't bring them back to their bank. Well today I put in my first call and am picking up $1,000 worth of dimes in an hour or so. I would hope out of 10,000 dimes to find atleast one or two silvers. In my area from boxes I usually average 1 silver out of every $100 worth.

So any predictions on how many I will pull out of 10,000 dimes??

Will update after searched!

Upvote 0

NjStacker22

Dec 9, 2012
NJ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well just finished up the bag and I must say that was alot better than boxes. It was nice not having to unroll all those coins! Ended up with a 54 & 63 Rosie, was hoping for more but still happy with any silver I can find!

While I was getting my bag a fellow coin roller came in and asked for $5 in pennies and then asked about halves and got $10.50 which I over heard were all skunks. The teller did tell him she had another $380 worth that I plan on stopping in first thing tomorrow after he said he bought $400 worth from them last week. I wait outside and talked to him for a few minutes and told him that is my usual dump bank for halves but he stated he found a 90% and two 40% out of the $400 he got last week so those obviously weren't my dumps! Hopefully I beat him to the other $380 thats left!

Better get there early

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not bad.. All it takes is one good dump into a bag to make it a huge score.. Since you found a couple in there, I would continue buying the bags.. the machine probably doesn't reject... Unless it just missed some..

OP
OP
B

b_kauz

Jan 3, 2011
Well made sure to be there right after they opened to get the halves. Got $400 worth and managed to pull a '67 & '69. Looks like my dump bank has just become my new pick up bank. The teller said their bags of dimes usually fill up ever week and a half and to just let her know when I want another one.

fjer

Aug 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've done two bags of dimes and found 7 and 5 (one was a merc), so it's possible to find decent numbers in bags.

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For a minute I thought you ment A DIME BAG,(drugs),sorry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread