fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my tripod today and the moon was just clearing the trees so I decided to try out the Nikon P900. I think once I get the hang of it this thing will take some really nice pictures. I also took a freehand shot the other morning of a crop duster as it cleared the trees across the street from where I live. I did not use any zoom when I took it. The first picture is as taken . The second picture I edited to show a closer view of the plane.

Attachments

• moon 3.JPG
    moon 3.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 55
  • crop duster 1.JPG
    crop duster 1.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 49
  • crop duster 2.JPG
    crop duster 2.JPG
    108.1 KB · Views: 51

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, once you get the hang of it! Those came out really, really good. So far your point and shoot is better than what I come up with.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I echo RGINN. Those are great shots and am looking forward to seeing pics after you use it for a bit.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice camera, and AWESOME moon photo!! I have a Canon PowerShot SX510 HS - only has 30x optical zoom. Sure wish I could justify buying the P900!!

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the P-520,is this your first Nikon?

GOD Bless

Chris

No it isn't my first. I have a D5200 and a pocket size point and shoot. I have been reading up on this camera for over a year and was just about to order it online when three came into the local Sam's Club. I found out quickly that a good tripod would be necessary so I ordered one and it came today. I need to get a remote shutter release next because at full zoom even the slightest movement can blur the picture. I think I over zoomed the moon shot and will try another one next chance I get.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice!! :headbang:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
No it isn't my first. I have a D5200 and a pocket size point and shoot. I have been reading up on this camera for over a year and was just about to order it online when three came into the local Sam's Club. I found out quickly that a good tripod would be necessary so I ordered one and it came today. I need to get a remote shutter release next because at full zoom even the slightest movement can blur the picture. I think I over zoomed the moon shot and will try another one next chance I get.

I've got my eye on the B-700(not released yet).Try running in 'P' mode and don't forget the self timer.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great shots and a nice camera They give us those nice bright colors, They give us the greens of summers, Makes you think all the world's, a sunny day, I got a Nikon camera, I love to take a photograph - So mama don't take my Kodachrome away

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
I have had a wireless remote shutter release for a few years and have never used it. When I'm taking slow shutter speed pics like waterfalls, and some other low light landscapes I just use the cameras timer for shutter release with the camera on a tripod.

Nice pictures! Look forward to more.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a "Moon" mode on this camera that uses the self timer. That is what I used to take the moon shot. I think I need to back off on the zoom a little. Maybe I will get a chance tonight if the clouds stay away.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread