Picture found in my yard after storm...Need your help

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Hey everybody I need your help. I know it's a long shot, but you never know. Most of you have heard of the severe weather outbreak we have had in the southeast. Today I found this picture in my yard and I would like to return it to the owner. I live in Northwestern part of Georgia in a little town called Trion. I'm thinking this picture belonged to someone in Alabama. We didn't get any tornadic weather in our county so I'm ruling out Chattooga County. :dontknow: Just maybe someone will recognise this man or maybe the military equipment he is on. Thanks for all the help!!

Attachments

• scan0015.jpg
    scan0015.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 988

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Put it in the local newspapers first...might not have blown in from Alabama.

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Dano Sverige said:
Put it in the local newspapers first...might not have blown in from Alabama.

Yeah I'm running it in the paper next week. The reason I think it didn't come from around here is because I live in a secluded area on a dead end road surrounded by mountains with one neighbor. But you never know. :dontknow:

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Is that Samuel L Jackson???

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Alarmadillo

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2009
The shoulder patch appears to be 167th Support Command. Good luck on getting that photograph back to its owner.

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Thanks!!! I have a good starting point now. Amazing how you guys could zoom up on his patch, it was blurry when i did it. I'll keep you guys posted and thanks again! :icon_thumright:

Alarmadillo

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2009
Postscript: a quick google search found that the 167th Support Command, currently known as the 167th Theater Support Command, is an Alabama-based unit, with facilities in Birmingham, AL.
Good luck, sir!

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Alarmadillo said:
Postscript: a quick google search found that the 167th Support Command, currently known as the 167th Theater Support Command, is an Alabama-based unit, with facilities in Birmingham, AL.
Good luck, sir!

Wow thats amazing! Thanks so much Alarmadillo!!

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
I just contacted a news office in Birmingham. She said Facebook has got a website set up to post all things found after the tornado outbreak. So if any others have found things in their yard you can post it there. Here is the address. http://www.facebook.com/myfoxal#!/pages/Pictures-and-Documents-found-after-the-A
pril-27-2011-Tornadoes/162443980482277

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Weather Channel website has a place for posting found storm items also. Might check it out.

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Just to give you guys a update....I have this picture on several sites with no response yet.....Not much of a update, but I haven't quit on it

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GaDigger81 said:
Just to give you guys a update....I have this picture on several sites with no response yet.....Not much of a update, but I haven't quit on it

Still thinking about that. Mother nature.. Best of luck!

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Terry Soloman said:
GaDigger81 said:

Still thinking about that. Mother nature.. Best of luck!

I know, its aweful............Thanks!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know, I just thought about contacting your local American Legion Post. Ask them to help you find info on Alabama posts and try and run this guy down by Faxing or Texting the pic around! What do you think?

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Terry Soloman said:
You know, I just thought about contacting your local American Legion Post. Ask them to help you find info on Alabama posts and try and run this guy down by Faxing or Texting the pic around! What do you think?

Thanks Soloman, I think thats a great idea! :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread