Picture found in my yard after storm...Need your help

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
The area where that picture came from may not have any power making it difficult for people to see the picture on the news or on the web. There is a chance that the soldier and his family may be homeless at the moment due to severy storm damage. Hopefully not, but it is something to consider.

I am sure tha in time someone will see the picture and you will be contacted, but it could be weeks or longer depending on the damage sustained in the area.

Ray S ECenFL

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Ray S ECenFL said:
The area where that picture came from may not have any power making it difficult for people to see the picture on the news or on the web. There is a chance that the soldier and his family may be homeless at the moment due to severy storm damage. Hopefully not, but it is something to consider.

I am sure tha in time someone will see the picture and you will be contacted, but it could be weeks or longer depending on the damage sustained in the area.

Ray S ECenFL

Yeah, I hope their not homeless either. I figured it will take awhile. Where I have the picture, they are thousands of other pictures and it's a little hard to navigate through them all. I'm not gonna give up though no matter how long it takes.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RETURNING FINDS LIKE THIS (VALUABLE OR SENTIMENTAL, OR BOTH) IS AN HONORABLE AND HEARTFEALT REWARD. THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT GETTING THINGS BACK TO THOSE WHOME HAVE LOST THEIR HOMES OR LOVED ONES, TO MOTHER NATURE, THAT YOU CAN TAKE TO YOUR GRAVE.

GOD BLESS YOU IN YOUR EFFORT.
PROSPECTORMIKEL

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Thanks guys! All your posts are encouraging. I contacted the American Legion via e-mail, but haven't got a reply yet. I'm sure of it with time, I will find this soilder or his family! Thanks again!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GaDigger81 said:
Thanks guys! All your posts are encouraging. I contacted the American Legion via e-mail, but haven't got a reply yet. I'm sure of it with time, I will find this soilder or his family! Thanks again!

Praying for you and your efforts!

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Terry Soloman said:
GaDigger81 said:

Praying for you and your efforts!

Thanks again Terry Soloman :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDAT UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I just got off the phone with a very nice lady at the National Guard Association of Alabama. She requested a copy of the picture which she will forward to a representative of the 167th Support Command to present at their next board meeting in a couple of days. I'll let you guys know if I find out anything else.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ga_Digger said:
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDAT UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I just got off the phone with a very nice lady at the National Guard Association of Alabama. She requested a copy of the picture which she will forward to a representative of the 167th Support Command to present at their next board meeting in a couple of days. I'll let you guys know if I find out anything else.

WOO-Hoo! You go boy!!! Fingers and toes crossed - T

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Yes that is some great and commendable efforts. It could be very important to the one
who lost it. Good job. :hello2: :coffee2:

Ray

Alarmadillo

Tenderfoot
Mar 29, 2009
Ga_Digger
Thanks for the updates. That's an awesome thing you're doing, man, and it's an inspiration to see how hard you're trying, in getting this picture back to its owner. Good luck, dude. Karma is on your side.
- Robbie

OP
OP
gadigger81

gadigger81

Apr 12, 2011
Trion, Ga
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP
Thanks again everybody!! A small update that I thought was pretty cool....I just recieved a e-mail from the nice lady in Alabama. The guy she foward it to and the one helping me track down this soldier is a Major General!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread