Freemindedclark

Sep 18, 2017
Elliott Iowa
Detector(s) used
The Hubble telescope
Primary Interest:
Other
Pictures of artifacts please

I am starting this thread in the hopes that the members of this forum will flood it with pictures of all the various artifacts they have found and or collected over time. I figured this thread could provide novice hunters and collectors with a vast wealth from which to learn from and compare to.

I thank you all for helping further my education as well as others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's ok I'm not asking anyone to feel sorry for me. It's my own fault for not planning better.

Hey, even the best laid plans can be derailed, especially by unforeseen occurrences. 2019 has been fraught with such, so I can sympathize and I wish you the best in getting things back on track. I always try to keep in mind that the sun is shining bright behind even the darkest clouds.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts deleted, sorry, it violates our rules to solicit funds.

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DSC_0039.jpg

This is a flake blade I found last year, made from Carter Cave chert. It is really worn, so worn in fact, that to see the micro flaking is next to impossible.

JK Stevenson

Dec 3, 2019
Chicago
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Total noob here. Found this quite near the Fox River in northern Illinois. No clues. Research says it may be a war hammer head. Beautifully shaped. No patine, no dirt, few dings. Fake? P1020363.JPG P1020363.JPG P1020364.JPG

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JK Stevenson

Dec 3, 2019
Chicago
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Tdog, it is white quartz, immaculately white. And if it didn't fit PRECISELY to the hand, I'd say it was natural. But there are signs of wear on the small end, and some damage on the large end, and it looks mighty "worked" to me up close.

I've heard there are a lot of fakes out there in this area. The whiteness alone... plus, is quartz really a good material for a stone tool?

Tdog

Silver Member
May 30, 2019
East Central Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tdog, it is white quartz, immaculately white. And if it didn't fit PRECISELY to the hand, I'd say it was natural. But there are signs of wear on the small end, and some damage on the large end, and it looks mighty "worked" to me up close.

I've heard there are a lot of fakes out there in this area. The whiteness alone... plus, is quartz really a good material for a stone tool?
Most of the knives, arrowheads and hammers we find here in my area of Alabama are quartz and quartzite. Here's an example...

001.JPG

Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The odds of you finding a fake in the field (or creek) are extremely slim. There is one funny YouTube video I know of, by the Mudstompers, where they found a fake under a highway bridge. It floated on top of the water, lol!

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
100_0693.JPG 100_0694.JPG

here's my best flint find, 2 3/8" double fluted Clovis.

It was in a sub soil pile of dirt, at a new house location. Little foot prints, and bicycle tracks all around it from where some kids were playing.

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
FL Woodand midden points

All of these, plus many more, came from walking one site along the shoreline over 35 years or so...

mxframe3.jpg mxframe5.jpg

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same camp all surface finds over many years N. California foothills .

Attachments

• IMG_5106.JPG
    IMG_5106.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 75

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread